The actigraphy sensors and polysomnography devices market is expected to reach USD 1,616.15 million by 2032, with a CAGR of 5.5% growing from USD 922.72 million in 2023. Actigraphy is a miniaturized computer method of monitoring human rest/activity cycles. A small actigraph unit also called an actimetry sensor, is worn for a week or more to measure the gross motor activity of people. Actigraphs help to dictate whether sleep is insufficient and to confirm sleepiness. Polysomnography (PSG), on the other hand, is the gold standard for evaluating sleep disorders because it can not only objectively measure sleep-time and wakeup-time, but also measure sleep architecture. As the name suggests, it is an electrophysiological recording of multiple parameters, including an electroencephalogram (EEG), a chin electromyogram (EMG), and an electrooculogram which help to score various sleep stages. However, PSG is not very frequently utilized due to the associated costs for this procedure.
The rise in prevalence of sleep-disorders like insomnia, restless leg syndrome, narcolepsy, sleep apnea sleepwalking, especially among adults are the primary factors that trigger the growth of the actigraphy sensors and polysomnography devices market. Moreover, the advancements in the testing devices such as monitors in order to intensify the accuracy and reliability is expected to boost the market growth. Furthermore, ongoing research and developments in terms of sleep disease diagnostics and management are also projected to drive the t of actigraphy sensors and PSG devices market. Furthermore, the penetration of wireless and USB actigraphy sensors and PSG devices is also anticipated to fuel the market development across the healthcare sector during the forecast period. However, limited awareness about the different types of sleep disorders and high costs associated with actigraphy sensors is expected to restrain the actigraphy and polysomnography sensors market in the analysis period. However, the untapped potential of emerging markets such as Asia-Pacific and Latin America is anticipated to provide lucrative growth opportunities to the market players involved in the actigraphy sensors and polysomnography devices market.
Request a Sample@ https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/sample/119294
North America is anticipated to witness high potential for actigraphy sensors and polysomnography devices from 2023-2032, followed by Asia Pacific region in the global actigraphy sensors and polysomnography devices market. North America was found to be the largest segment in 2018, whereas Asia pacific is anticipated to be the highest-growing segment in the forecast period. In order to ensure consumers’ health and safety of devices, governing bodies across the globe have regulated the use of actigraphy sensor and PSG devices with strict guidelines and high standards for accreditation. Complying with various strict regulatory policies in multiple regions is encouraging the actigraphy sensor and PSG devices market players to realign some of their business strategies. This is expected to create an impact on the pricing structure and supply chains of the product in the forecast period.
Actigraphy bands in the actigraphy sensors and polysomnography devices market can also be customized based on patient preferences. For instance, bands made of terry cloth and self-stick fabric (Velcro) can be used for people who are sensitive to conventional actigraphy plastic bands. These bands made of self-stick fabric or terry cloth can also be used by people, or who find it difficult and uncomfortable to wear plastic bands for extended time periods.
The Actigraphy Sensors and Polysomnography Devices market is expected to be a relatively consolidated market; the revenue of the top twelve manufacturers accounts for about three-fourth market share of the total revenue in 2018. The high-end products are principally designed in the U.S. For instance, two of these devices (i.e., Actiwatch and PAM-RL) showed a reasonable correlation with periodic limb movements of sleep (PLMS) observed with PSG study. Further validation studies in a large number of patients are needed before these can be used reliably to detect and quantify PLMS. Currently, several devices are available (for example, ambulatory monitoring, Actiwatch, PAM-RL, and others) along with appropriate software, with or without light or position sensors in the market.
Key coverage of the report:
- Region and country-wise assessment from the period 2023-2032. For the study, 2023-2017 has been utilized as historical data, 2018 as the base year, and 2019-2032 has been derived as forecasts for the Actigraphy Sensors and Polysomnography devices market
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments.
- To define, describe, and forecast the global Actigraphy Sensors and Polysomnography devices market with respect to the type of product, technology, end-user, and region
- Strategical analysis of micro markets and macro markets with respect to individual growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the overall market.
- Demand and Supply GAP Analysis.
- Actigraphy Sensors and Polysomnography devices market forecasts for a minimum of 6 years of all the mentioned segments, and the regional markets
- Analysis of the presence of Actigraphy Sensors and Polysomnography devices market in the country along with region-wise analysis and their market penetration across the regions; their structure, i.e., chain, independent, pharmacies, and hospitals; and the availability Actigraphy Sensors and Polysomnography devices facility.
- Detailed analysis of information regarding the major factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges).
- The regulatory framework of different nations is analyzed in detail.
- Key strategic initiatives of the actigraphy sensors and polysomnography devices industry like mergers, acquisitions, product developments, product launches, product agreements, rewards and recognitions, regulatory approvals, collaborations, partnerships, market extensions, service launches and market penetration of the actigraphy sensors and polysomnography devices market players and their detailed analysis.
- Analysis of competitive intelligence through strategic developments and market opportunities for stakeholders with complete details of the market leaders.
- A comprehensive mapping of the competitive landscape and market participants behavior.
- Regional Competitors pipeline analysis of the Actigraphy Sensors and Polysomnography devices market
- Complete actigraphy sensors and polysomnography devices market forecast & estimation of the global Actigraphy Sensors and Polysomnography devices market with respect to four central regions—North America, Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe, and the Rest of the World (RoW).
Salient trends of the Actigraphy sensors and Polysomnography devices market:
- Geographically, the Actigraphy Sensors and Polysomnography devices market in North America accounts for the largest share of the global market, followed by Europe and APAC in the forecast period.
- The large share can be accounted to the increase in sales of bands and, Fitbit’s as the revenue growth in the global actigraphy sensors market. The segment is anticipated to hold the largest share by revenue generated during the forecast period.
- In September 2018, Fitbit, Inc., a U.S.-based player in the Actigraphy Sensors and Polysomnography devices market, launched a new enterprise – Fitbit Care.
- The Fitbit Care features a wide range of products, including self-tracking devices and wearables that continuously track sleep-related activities and other personalized digital interventions for particular disease management.
- Aetna Inc., a major player in the market was acquired by CVS Health Corporation on in November 2018, CVS is an American retail pharmacy and health care company. The combined company aimed to offer potent health resources and advanced connected medical devices to gain momentum in the health care industry.
- In November 2018, ResMed Inc– a California-based medical equipment company purchased MatrixCare, a company based in Minnesota, which dealt with providing Long-Term Care EHR software solutions.
- With this acquisition, the company focused on strengthening its out-of-hospital software and healthcare solutions segment to grow active in the Actigraphy Sensors and Polysomnography devices market in near future.
- There have also been noticeable collaborations in the Actigraphy Sensors and Polysomnography devices market. For instance, in December 2018, Garmin Ltd., an American technology company, collaborated with ActiGraph, a global leader in sleep monitoring solutions, to create innovative health and activity monitoring solutions.
- By combining Actigraph’s CentrePoint data analytics platform with the sensor data from Garmin wearables, the organizations are planning to launch robust wearable solutions for different patient monitoring applications.
- In 2019, ActiGraph launched its activity monitoring device, the CentrePoint Insight Watch, which uses raw data capture technology to capture the high-resolution signal from the accelerometer and provide actionable information to the user through its real-time data transfer mechanism.
- Actigraphy Sensors and Polysomnography devices market players are continuously launching improved versions of their products, which, in turn, is leading to the growth of the segment.
Companies considered and profiled in this market study
Fitbit Inc, Phillips, Garmin, Resmed, Somno medics, BMC medicals, Nox medicals, Compumedics, Cleveland, Matrix care, Actigraph, and Aetna Inc are the major players in the Actigraphy Sensors and Polysomnography devices market.
- The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) recently published clinical practice guideline for the applications of actigraphy sensors in sleep monitoring devices.
- ActiGraph company received ISO-13485:2023 certification in 2019, and their activity monitors are FDA 510(k) cleared Class II medical devices in the U.S. and adhere to regulatory standards worldwide
- The market in North America is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2019-2032
- The APAC market is anticipated to be the fastest-growing segment with a CAGR of of 7.3% during the forecast period.
This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis of the industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2023 to 2032. For the purpose of this study, have segmented the Actigraphy Sensors and Polysomnography devices market into product types, technology types, distribution channels, and region.
By Product Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2023-2032)
- Actigraphy Sensors
- Wrist and Hand band Actigraphy Products
- Wearable Actigraphy Products
- Polysomnography Devices
- Fixed Polysomnography Products
- Portable Polysomnography Products
By Technology Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2023-2032)
- Wireless Technology
By Distribution Channels (Revenue, USD Million; 2023-2032)
- Retail Stores
- Online Retail Stores
- Homecare Settings
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2023-2032)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the world
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Other Countries
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/119294/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact [email protected] | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us:
URL – http://www.qyresearchmedical.com/