The global Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARB) market was valued at USD 7.87 Billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 10.34 Billion by year 2030, at a CAGR of 3.51%. Angiotensin II receptor blocking drugs reduces vasoconstriction, apoptosis, inflammation, fibrosis, and coagulation, through blockage of the renin-angiotensin system; resulting into reduction in blood pressure and inhibition of other angiotensin associated pathophysiological actions. Therefore, angiotensin-II receptor blocking drugs are key treatment choice for coronary heart disease, heart failure, nephropathy from diabetes, and blood pressure reduction.
Furthermore, ARB, blocks the stimulation at the angiotensin type-1 receptor but not at the type-2 receptor, which may render benefits for endothelial dysfunction, vascular remodeling, cardiac safety and renal protection. ARB drugs also reduce the rate of the progression of diabetic nephropathy and reduce development of proteinuria in type 2 diabetes patients. These effects of drugs are specific and independent of blood pressure reduction. For chronic kidney disease patients with controlled blood pressure, renin-angiotensin system inhibitors such as angiotensin II receptor blockers are more effective in reducing proteinuria and to slow down rate of disease progression. Furthermore, according to a research, angiotensin receptor blocking drugs are associated with lower mortality in pre-dialytic stage-5 chronic kidney disease patients, as compared to the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors.
Request a Sample@ https://qyresearchmedical.com/sample/119063
However, ACE inhibitors remains key competition for the growth of angiotensin receptor blockers market, due to its ability to reduce all-cause mortality associated with hypertension. For instance, The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence recommends ACE inhibiting drugs as first-line therapy for blood pressure patients with type-2 diabetes, and recommends angiotensin receptor blocking drugs if the patient suffers intoleratence towards ACE inhibiting drugs. Additionally, ARB associated risks of adverse effects of such as hypotension, hyperkalemia are major factor expected to hinder the market growth during the forecast period (2022-2030).
Key Coverage of the Report
- Region and country-wise assessment from the period 2016-2030. 2016-2017 has been utilized as historical data, 2022 as the base year, and 2022-2030, has been derived as forecasts.
- Regional Competitors clinical pipeline analysis
- Demand and Supply GAP Analysis
- Market share analysis of the key industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 6 years of all the mentioned segments, and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
Salient Trends of the Angiotensin II receptor blockers Market
- High incidence of target diseases across the world is the key factor driving the market growth for Angiotensin II receptor blockers. Additionally, increasing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension among young population along with elderly populations is also contributing to the global burden of cardiovascular diseases. For instance, In U.S., 21% of population with 6 to 19 years of age possesses minimum of 1 abnormal cholesterol measure. Consequently demand for blood pressure lowing drugs is on rise worldwide.
- Chronic kidney disease is a leading area of application for Angiotensin II receptor blockers across the globe. As of 2022, 10% of the global population is affected by chronic kidney disease and significant share of global population lack access to affordable treatment.
- The key emerging market for the growth of Angiotensin II receptor blockers are developing nations such as China & India, where number of elderly people is on rise.
- Chinese economy is expected to suffer over 550 billion expenses during 2015-2030 due to death and disability from heart and kidney diseases.
- Target diseases for Angiotensin II receptor blockers show disproportionality among race, sex and age groups. For instance, men are 64% more susceptible to end stage renal diseases as compared to women; on the other hand African Americans population are 3 times more susceptible to develop end stage renal diseases than whites American population.
Companies considered and profiled in this market study
AstraZeneca, Daichii Sankyo, Novartis, Abbvie, Lupin, Takeda, and Zydus Cadila.
- Valsartan dominated the global ARB market in 2022, with a market value of 1.51 Billion. However, associated recalls due to cancer risks from the drug is anticipated to negatively affect the market growth in future.
- Azilsartan Class of ARB drugs is expected to grow at the largest rate of 4.5% and likely to reach USD 1.04 Billion by year 2030.
- The market for Irbesartan ARB drug is expected to reach USD 739.0 million by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 3.9% during the forecast period.
- As of 2022, Hypertension is the leading application segment of the global Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARB) market. The segment is expected to hold 42% share of the ARB global market.
- The Hypertension application is expected to register the highest CAGR of 4.0% during 2022-2030 due to increasing prevalence of hypertension across the world and launch of effective ARB drugs
- Asia-Pacific regional segment of the ARB market is expected to remain highest growing segment during 2022-2030, at a CAGR of 4.4%; owing it to the rising geriatric population in developing nations such as China & India and increase in stress based hypertension cases in young population of these nations.
Segments covered in the report:
This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis of the market trends in each of the sub-segments from 2022 to 2030. For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the Angiotensin II receptor blockers Market on the basis of Type, Applications and Region:
Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2022–2030)
Application (Revenue, USD Million; 2022–2030)
- Cardiovascular risks
- Kidney failure in diabetes
- Chronic kidney diseases
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; 2022–2030)
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/119063/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us: