The global Anxiety Disorder and Depression Treatment Market is forecasted to grow at a rate of 2.4% from USD 16.17 Billion in 2022 to USD 19.53 Billion in 2030. The market is mainly driven by the increasing prevalence of mental health issues and disorders like anxiety disorder and depression. It is one of the significant contributing factors boosting the global anxiety disorder and depression treatment market.
Apart from that, the rise in graying population who are susceptible to mental health issues like Alzheimer’s, trauma, is also acting as a driving factor for the global Anxiety Disorder and Depression Treatment Market. The demand for anxiety disorder and depression treatment products has significantly increased because of the minimal side effects associated with different drug classes like antidepressants.
However, a rise in the rate of drug withdrawals, an increasing number of a generic drug, the occurrence of mental health issues that are drug-resistant and ineffective pipeline are some of the factors, which may have had an adverse impact on the growth of the market. In spite of these restraints, the fact that individuals are becoming more aware of mental health issues and associated adverse impact on leading a normal life result in having a positive impact on the market.
Request a Sample@ https://qyresearchmedical.com/sample/119035
North America occupies the largest market share of depression and anxiety treatment. The dominance of North America in the Anxiety Disorder and Depression Treatment Market is primarily because of a large number of the population suffering from mental health issues like stress-related disorder, anxiety, and depression. Another factor fostering the market share is the easy accessibility of the antidepressant market in the region. The Asia Pacific region is another significant market for Anxiety Disorder and Depression Treatment Market. This region has significant potential and can make a major contribution to the market, which follows North America in terms of the market share held by it. Key players are continuously focusing on strategies associated with mergers and acquisitions to expand the market.
Anxiety disorder treatment has gained traction with a rise in the incidences of depression. Generalized anxiety disorder is also a common case with restlessness, constant worry, and trouble with concentration as its symptoms. There are several types of disorders, and social anxiety disorder is one of them.
Antidepressants are generally consumed to reduce anxiety. SSRIs are prescribed to treat social phobia, anxiety, or panic disorders. They include escitalopram (Cipralex), sertraline (Lustral), and paroxetine (Seroxat), among others. Common side effects of these treatments include nausea, headaches, sleep problems, and upset stomach.
There have been technological advancements associated with Anxiety Disorder and Depression Treatment like smartphone-based apps like virtual reality exposure. Such technological advancements are also contributing to the market growth of the global Anxiety Disorder and Depression Treatment market.
Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) is a procedure that treats psychiatric conditions. In this procedure, controlled electric current is passed through the brain, which affects the brain’s activity and also aims to relieve people of psychotic symptoms and high-level depression. Today’s ECT is safe and is also effective. It is much more effective than medication or therapy, but can also lead to some memory problems.
Drug Class Outlook:
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors are among the most commonly consumed antidepressants. They ease the symptoms of moderate or severe depression, are safe, and can cause fewer side effects. Tricyclic antidepressants are also a class of antidepressants. Some of the commonly used antidepressants are amitriptyline (Elavil), clomipramine (Anafranil), doxepin (Sinequan), imipramine (Tofranil), trimipramine (Surmontil), amoxapine (Amoxapine Tablets), desipramine (Norpramin), nortriptyline (Pamelor, Aventyl), and protriptyline (Vivactil).
The reason for the domination of North America in the global Anxiety Disorder and Depression Treatment Market is the high prevalence rate of mental health issues like anxiety disorder in the region. The Asia Pacific region is another potential and significant region for global Anxiety Disorder and Depression Treatment. The reason for the prominence of this region in the market is increasing mental health issues due to personal life, or work-associated stress, and changing lifestyles in the emerging economies in the region like India, China. Such changes in the region have resulted in boosting the market.
- An increase in the incidence rate of mental health issues and disorders is the primary factor contributing to the market growth.
- In the year 2018, more than 300 million individuals of different age groups were suffering from depression. Such a significant number of population suffering from depression is one of the major driving factors for global Anxiety Disorder and Depression Treatment Market.
- In the year 2018, 800,000 individuals committed suicide, the prime underlying reason behind which was depression and anxiety disorder.
- Such incidents have resulted in focusing on mental health concern and take necessary actions to prevent such occurrences. Focus on the part of the government on mental healthcare issues, and associated concern has promoted the government to formulate reimbursement policies, which in turn have a positive impact on the market.
- In regards to the application of Anxiety Disorder and Depression Treatment, most of its applicability can be observed in mental health care centers and hospitals that held a market share of 35% and 33%, respectively, in the year 2018.
- Therapies are used significantly in treating conditions like obsessive-compulsive disorder and depression. Therapies are becoming continuously popular and becoming an alternative to Anxiety Disorder and Depression Treatment medications. Among the different therapies, Cognitive Behavior Therapy leads the global Anxiety Disorder and Depression Treatment market that held a market share of 30% in 2018.
Companies considered and profiled in this market study
Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, Inc., Lundbeck A/S, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc., Sanofi- Aventis, Merck & Company, AstraZeneca PLC., Eli Lilly, Forest Laboratories, and Company, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company.
The players operating in the market have undertaken a number of strategies related to the market in the period 2017-2022. The key highlight is:
- In March 2019, Johnson & Johnson announced that it received FDA clearance for its drugs SPRAVATO™ (esketamine) CIII nasal spray for the treatment of depressants in an oral form in adults.
The industry offers numerous growth opportunities. Thus, a number of startups providing innovative products and technologies have been entering the market. Some of them include Quartet, Lyra Health, Regroup, Learn to Live, Inc., Stop, Breathe & Think, NeuroFlow, among others.
Mergers and Acquisitions are an integral part of the Anxiety Disorder and Depression Treatment industry. Along with the companies operating in the market, other key market players have also been entering the industry.
- In May 2018, Allergan acquired an NMDA depression drug from Aptinyx collaboration. The small-molecule, oral drug AGN-241751, was selected earlier for further development by the company.
- In September 2019, Roivant Sciences will receive Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma for USD 3 billion for its stake in the company’s five of the holding company’s subsidiaries, and acquire more than 10% stake in the parent company. This alliance will open up propositions to acquire Roivant in the next six months with 25 pipeline projects in tow.
Reports and Data forecast promising developments for increased adoption of Anxiety Disorder and Depression Treatment drugs. According to industrial experts, treatments relating to protection against COVID-19 will usher in the market and are soon to be seen in the industry. Moreover, new manufacturers are expected to enter the market, which is likely to provide enhanced market products. New companies entering the industry would focus on innovating and providing through advanced technologies, thereby reducing complexity and lowering the overall total cost of operation. Experts also believe that increase in the adoption of the latest technology in emerging nations would be a key development area for the industry.
Segments Covered in the report
This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis of the market trends in each of the sub-segments from 2022 to 2030. The scope of the report can be defined as:
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented the global Anxiety Disorder and Depression Treatment market on the basis of Drug Class, Therapies, Devices, Application, End-users, and Region:
Drug Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2022-2030)
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Antidepressant Drugs
- Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCAs)
- Serotonin-Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRIs)
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs)
- Atypical Antipsychotics
Therapies Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2022-2030)
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
- Cranial electrotherapy stimulation (CES)
Devices Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2022-2030)
- Cranial electrotherapy stimulator
- Fisher-Wallace stimulator market
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2022-2030)
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
End-users Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2022-2030)
- Mental healthcare centers
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2022-2030)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/119035/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact [email protected] | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us:
URL – http://www.qyresearchmedical.com/