The global Apheresis Equipment market was valued at USD 1.79 Billion in 2023 and is expected to reach USD 3.02 Billion by the year 2032, at a CAGR of 7.7%. Escalating demand for therapeutic Apheresis, extensive research in cell therapy and plasma therapy domains and rising awareness regarding the apheresis donations are the key factors that have paved way for the robust growth of the market globally.
The demand for therapeutic Apheresis or Pheresis, has increased at an astounding rate owing to the rise in the incidence of chronic diseases such as lymphoma, leukaemia, multiple sclerosis, myeloma and other blood related disorders. The staggering numbers of the cancer cases across the globe have translated into the demand for advanced medical therapeutic modalities. The extensive research in the domain of plasma therapy and cell therapy for the innovation of novel drug therapies to treat these chronic illnesses have steered the demand for the platelets, plasma and stem cells. The R&D activities of several pharmaceutical companies have contributed in developing effective and safe plasma-based drug therapies as well as T-cell therapies which are FDA approved for the use as a first-line treatment option. All of these advancements have led to a rise in the demand for apheresis devices. Moreover, the expansive network of the Biobanks globally has surged the demand for Pheresis through the increasing research aimed at finding novel drug therapeutics for the chronic illnesses which are more tailored and personalized to the patient. The biobanks require bio-samples for their research activities which requires the pheresis procedure.
Request a Sample@ https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/sample/119190
The rapidly changing healthcare industry and the augmenting investments have facilitated technological advancements in development of the next-generation apheresis devices and equipments. The devices available today are more efficacious and come equipped with screen navigation, graphical user interface and automated interface systems which enable time-optimization and reduce human errors. They further aid in reducing pathogen contamination of the plasma and platelet constituents in order to reduce the risk associated with developing transfusion-transmitted infections to the patients. Thus, all of these factors along with the rising awareness of Apheresis donations & its benefits and the favourable regulatory scenario are projected to stimulate the market growth over the forecast period.
On the basis of Procedure, the market is segmented into Plasmapheresis, Plateletphersis, Leukapheresis, Cytapheresis, LDL- Apheresis and Others. The Plasmapheresis segment accounted for the largest market share of 52.2% in 2023.
The Plasmapheresis procedure involves separation of plasma form other blood components through the centrifugation process. This process is most commonly performed on healthy plasma donors which can help in donating their blood plasma for the purpose of transfusing it to the patients in need or for further derivative uses such as plasma-derived drugs therapeutics. The demand for plasma-derived drugs has seen a consistent increase in the past few years which has led to an increase in the derived demand for Plasmapheresis. The companies such as Cerus Corporation, Haemonetics and Fresenius Kabi are in the forefront of the manufacturing plasmapheresis devices.
The Cytapheresis procedure involves in separating the cellular components from the blood. It is most commonly used in replacing the defective red blood cells with the healthy RBCs received from the donor. The therapeutic cytapheresis is administered to the patients with sickle cell disease with certain conditions such as stroke, acute chest syndrome or pregnancy. Furthermore, this treatment is most likely to reduce leukocytosis or thrombocytosis in case of chronic leukemia.
Technology Type Outlook:
The Technology Type based segmentation encompasses Centrifugation and Membrane filtration. The Centrifugation segment accounted for the largest market share of 53.6% in 2023. The Centrifugation segment is further divided into Intermittent Flow Centrifugation and Continuous Flow Centrifugation
The Centrifugal apheresis is an extremely efficacious procedure which facilitates in attaining the extraction rate of the blood plasma up to 80%. The procedure can be carried out as a continuous flow or intermittent flow and necessitates lower rates of the blood flow, enabling it to be executed with the help of central venous access or peripheral venous access. The Continuous Flow centrifugation is capable of operating with simultaneous functions of separating, processing and re-infusing the blood components. The multi-functionality allows for saving time significantly but require two vascular access sites. It is advantageous over the Intermittent Flow centrifugation procedure which involves recurrent cycles of blood drawing, separating, processing and re-infusion. It consumes much longer time using only one vascular access site.
The Membrane filtration segment is projected to register the fastest growth over the forecast period. The procedure, as the name suggests, filters the blood through the membranes involves whole-blood filtering through the membranes. It is not as efficacious as the Centrifugation procedure and attains only 30% of the plasma extraction rate.
The Asia pacific regional market is estimated to register the fastest growth rate of 8.7% by 2032, owing to the robust growth of the healthcare industry and the increasing investments in the R&D activities by the key pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. The Asia pacific regional market has showing tremendous growth potential in its medical and healthcare industries over the past two decades. The healthcare infrastructure has undergone remarkable changes and upgradation. It has shown readiness in adoption of the advanced technologies and medical devices. It has been home to numerous innovations in the field of novel drug therapeutics and patient-centred treatments. The countries such as India and China have shown promising developments in the recent years which is further projected to contribute to the robust development of the regional market.
North America accounted for the largest market share of 45.2% in 2023. The North region has a high incidence of blood related disorders such as Leukaemia, lymphoma as well as neurological diseases. The extensive developments in the healthcare industry have facilitated in the extensive R&D activities in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical industries. Subsequently there has been an escalating demand for the advanced medical devices which facilitate precision and efficacy while ensuring time and cost optimization. The region is in the forefront of the innovation and developments in the healthcare arena. It benefits from the key industrial players who have headquarters in the states of U.S and Canada. These countries being the focal points of development, the favourable regulatory scenario and the continuous support of the government have played a key role in their development.
The global Apheresis Equipment market was valued at USD 1.79 Billion in 2023 and is expected to reach USD 3.02 Billion by the year 2032, at a CAGR of 7.7%.
- Disposable kits dominate the market. The kits are composed of filters, tubing sets, separators etc. The kits dominate the market as they restrict the number of times the devices are used. This helps in reducing chances of infections. The segment continues to grow at a rate of 7.0%.
- Plasmapheresis Procedure segment dominates the market accounting for a share of 52.2% owing to the growing incidents of blood related disorders and consequently the need for plasma. With the introduction of plasma based drugs, there has been a rise in the demand or plasma thus, increasing the demand for apheresis equipment.
- In the Technology type based segmentation, Centrifugation dominates the market due to its versatility of application in the separation of plasma and other components. Membrane Filtration, however, is seen to be the fastest growing as this method is quicker and reduces the need for replacement fluids.
- The Hospitals segment dominated the market in 2023 with a share of 39.4% and is expected to continue is lead over the forecast period.
- The chief restraining factors of the market growth are the risks associated with the procedure. Risks such as, bleeding, infection, low blood pressure, muscle cramps etc. discourage the people from opting this procedure. High costs and lack of skilled staff for proper management of the apheresis equipment are the other factors that are likely to further impede the growth.
- Asia Pacific is the fastest growing region in the market owing to the availability of resources. A large number of emerging economies are developing their healthcare infrastructure and launching aids to help the authorities to set up. The rising awareness of blood donation and apheresis among people has resulted in an increase in the demand for apheresis equipment. The region registers a CAGR of 8.7%.
Companies considered and profiled in this market study
Terumo BCT Inc., Frost & Sullivan, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Fresenius Kabi, Fresenius Medical Care, Asahi Kasei Medical Co. Ltd., Haemonetics, Cerus Corporation and HemaCare Corporation have been profiled in the report.
The players operating in the market have undertaken a number of strategies related to the market in the period 2023-2032. The key highlight is:
- In July 2022, Terumo BCT and Mallinckrodt Plc announced together that the recommendation has been received from Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee and the Medical Services Advisory Committee to list the extracorporeal administration of UVADEX with THERAKOS CELLEX Photopheresis System on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme in Australia. For the cutaneous T-Cell lymphoma treatment for adults.
- In April 2022, The Government Medical College in Kerala was upgraded with the installation of advanced apheresis medical equipment. Later in June 2022, Plasmapheresis treatment was administered to a Covid-19 patient using this medical equipment.
The industry offers numerous growth opportunities. A number of start-ups providing innovative Equipments and technologies have been entering the market. The favourable regulatory scenarios and the continuous investments in the research and development activities, especially in the developed regions have encouraged the start-ups to enter the market. Furthermore, the rapidly changing healthcare industry landscape is projected to offer lucrative growth opportunities to the start-ups.
Mergers and Acquisitions are an integral part of the Apheresis Equipment industry. Along with the companies operating in the market, other key market players have also been entering the industry.
- In July 2022, Haemonetics Corporation announced that it had entered into an agreement with Abénex to sell its full-owned subsidiary Inlog Holdings France SAS to the latter company. The transaction is projected to close by the end of the Third quarter of 2022.
Reports and Data forecast a rapid growth of the global Apheresis Equipment market over the forecast period. Escalating demand for therapeutic Apheresis, extensive research in cell therapy and plasma therapy domains and rising awareness regarding the apheresis donations are the key factors that have paved way for the robust growth of the market globally. The industrial experts believe that the extensive R&D activities in the healthcare industry is likely to give a thrust to the market growth.
Segments Covered in the report
This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis of the market trends in each of the sub-segments from 2023 to 2032. The scope of the report can be defined as:
For the purpose of this report have segmented the global Apheresis Equipment Market on the basis of Equipment, Application, Sales Channel, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
- Plasma and Component Separator
- Disposable Apheresis Kits
Procedure Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
- LDL- Apheresis
Technology Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
- Continuous Flow Centrifugation
- Intermittent Flow Centrifugation
- Membrane Filtration
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
- Renal Diseases
End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
- Blood Banks
- Dialysis Centres
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/119190/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact [email protected] | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us:
URL – http://www.qyresearchmedical.com/