The global Automated Insulin Delivery Systems market was valued at 4.91 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 7.81 billion by the year 2030, at a CAGR of 6.0%. Automated Insulin Delivery Systems is an user friendly technology that regulate blood glucose level with the help of continuous glucose monitoring. The rise in diabetes prevalence globally, increasing rate of geriatric population and obesity, technological advancements in market, favourable reimbursement policies, investment and awareness policies are the vital factors for the growth of the Automated Insulin Delivery Systems market. Between 45 and 70 years of age, prevalence of diabetes is higher as compared to younger individuals.
Geriatric population is rapidly increasing worldwide, and Europe and North America have the highest share of population with age of over sixty-five years and above. According to the United Nations, in 2050, geriatric population are expected to account for 35% of the population in Europe, 28% in Northern America, 25% in Latin America and the Caribbean, 24% in Asia, 23% in Oceania and 9% in Africa. Increasing geriatric population across the globe and being most vulnerable population is expected to increase market growth during the forecast period.
Request a Sample@ https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/sample/119174
Reimbursement by policy makers or insurers plays important role for the uptake and use of new diabetes technologies like automated insulin pumps, CGM sensors. These new technologies in diabetes therapeutics or insulin management are covered by different insurers like Medicaid, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) and others. Rising prevalence of diabetes across the globe has promoted awareness and funding in the AID industry. Globally, 700 million adults between 20 to 79 years of age are likely to have diabetes by 2045. The continuous rise in diabetic population burden has drawn attention from major research instritutions, as a result of which different institutes are engaged in research in field of advanced diabetes management. For example, in 2019, the NIH and with four institution invested to develop Automated Insulin Delivery Systems for pregnant women with type 1 diabetes.
The segment of Type 2 diabetes dominated the global market and accounted significant market revenue in 2019. Increasing prevalence of type 2 diabetes mellitus, technological developments are major factors driving the market growth of segment. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) nearly than 34 million Americans had type 2 diabetes mellitus in 2019.
End Use Outlook:
The segment of homecare dominated the market in 2019. Increasing demand for convenient technologies, increasing adoption of remote and PoC technologies are major factors driving the market growth.
Hospitals are another end user owing significant share. Increasing incidence of hospitalization due to diabetic attacks, increasing prevalence of diabetes, and availability of skilled services are major drivers for the market growth of hospitals.
North America dominated the Automated Insulin Delivery Systems market with a revenue of USD 2.16 billion in 2019. Due to the higher rate of lifestyle disorders i.e., diabetes, and adoption of developed technologies the region is expected to dominate in 2019.
The Asia Pacific is expected to experience substantial growth as a result of an increased adoption of point of care medical devices. Additionally, higher presence of elderly population residing in Asia Pacific and high FDI along with globalization are expected to help regional market growth.
Latin America, Middle East, and Africa have immense future opportunity for Automated Insulin Delivery Systems market’s expansion as a significant share of the population are at pre-diabetic stage. Hence it provides potential for the rise in the demand for diabetes management devices in these regions during the forecast period.
- Devices type segment held the highest market share in 2019. Increasing global burden of diabetes, technological advances such as smart pens and efficient pumps used in insulin management devices are expected to capture high share.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus application segment accounted for USD 3.06 billion in 2019. Increasing prevalence of the disease is a major factor driving the growth
- Homecare end user segment are emerging due to the advances in technology, increase in healthcare awareness and rise in the demand for remote or personalized devices. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% in the forecast period
Companies considered and profiled in this market study
Novo Nordisk A/S, Sanofi, Eli Lilly and Company, Biocon, Ypsomed, Wockhardt, Digital Medics, Abbott, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Ltd., BD, Animas LLC, Medtronic, Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc, Diabetes Care, Bigfoot Biomedical, INC, DreaMed Diabetes, Ltd and WTWH Media LLC are the key players of the Automated Insulin Delivery Systems market.
The players operating in the market have undertaken several strategies related to the market in the period 2022-2020. The key highlight is:
- Technological advances in automated insulin delivery is playing vital role in generating future opportunities. For instance, Bigfoot Biomedical is engaged in development of a novel insulin pen that designed for multiple injection therapy for individual which is likely to develop in 2021
- Tandem Diabetes Care in 2019, received FDA approval for its new automated insulin delivery software system for people with Type 1 diabetes. Control-IQ technology connects with CGM and insulin pumps automatically adjust blood glucose level
The industry offers numerous growth opportunities. In line with this, several startups providing innovative products and technologies have been entering the market. Some of them include Livongo Health, Glooko, Virta Health, GlucoMe, LenoMed, and CellNovo and many more
France based startup Diabeloop has developed more than USD 30 million by Cemag Invest, with ADAG, Odyssée Venture, previous backers Supernova Invest, Air Liquide Venture Capital and other venture capitalist to accelerate AID for type 1 diabetes management.
Several marketing strategies such as Mergers & Acquisitions, product developments are an integral part of the Automated Insulin Delivery Systems. Along with the companies operating in the market, other key market players have also been entering the industry.
- In July 2020, Biocon collaborated with Voluntis to develop and distribute innovative digital therapeutics in diabetes management.
- In June 2020, Abbott and Tandem Diabetes Care entered into an agreement, to produce and market Abbott\’s continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) with Tandem\’s innovative insulin delivery systems to offer diabetes management solution as per the need gap. Also, in February 2020, Insulet partnered with the other two companies to accelerate the diabetes management technology
- In June 2020, Medtronic received USD 337 million funding from Blackstone Life Sciences. a private investor to develop its insulin pump and continuous glucose monitoring pipeline. In return of this investment the Blackstone Life Sciences will receive royalty percentage on the sale of the newly developed technology
- In December 2019, Medtronic acquired Klue, a software developer. The acquisition lead to incorporation of Klue’s technology with the Medtronic’s Personalized Closed Loop (PCL) insulin pump system
- In December 2019, W. L. Gore & Associates invested around USD 500,000 in implantable intraperitoneal insulin delivery manufactured by PhysioLogic Devices, Inc., a startup company
Reports and Data forecast promising developments for increased adoption of artificial conception. The companies are designing new product concepts according to the user need. According to industry experts, new manufacturers are expected to enter the market, which is likely to change the industry scenario. Established as well as emerging companies are engaged in product innovation focusing on developing a new generation and cost effective solutions. The new entrants in the market are primarily focused in R&D and expansion of product portfolio in the Automated Insulin Delivery Systems market. In addition to the technological development both well established and startups are engaged developing efficient solution through investment. For instance, in January 2020, Abbott invested USD 45 million to support development of Bigfoot biomedical’s diabetes therapeutic technology. Furthermore, in order to expand clientele, leading players are predominantly anticipating in strategic initiatives. For instance, in August 2020, Medtronic acquired Companion Medical, a smart pen manufacturing startup.
Segments Covered in the report
This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis of the market trends in each of the sub-segments from 2022 to 2030. The scope of the report can be defined as:
For the purpose of this report, has segmented the Automated Insulin Delivery Systems market on the basis of types, end use and region:
Product Type Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2022–2030)
- Reusable Insulin Pens
- Disposable Insulin Pens
- Insulin Pumps
- External/ Tethered Pumps
- Patch Pumps
- Implanted Insulin pump (IIP)
- Closed loop insulin pump (artificial pancreas)
- Pen Needles
- Standard Pen Needles
- Safety Pen Needles
- Insulin Syringes
- Software & Mobile App
Applications Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2022–2030)
- Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
End Use outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2022–2030)
Regional Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2022–2030)
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/119174/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact [email protected] | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us:
URL – http://www.qyresearchmedical.com/