The global Bioactive Wound Care Market is forecasted to grow at a rate of 6.1% from USD 9.06 Billion in 2023 to USD 14.588 billion in 2032. Bioactive wound care comprises wound dressings that have biodegradable properties and are capable of combating microbial infections. These kinds of dressings aid in faster healing of the wounds along with infection control.
Increasing incidences of chronic injuries, which would require enhanced wound care, coupled with an increase in awareness among people for healthy wellbeing is anticipated to drive the market growth in the future. Of late, an increase in the number of surgical procedures is expected to play a significant role in fueling the market demand. Further, an increase in the number of elderly people who are more prone to injuries would have a positive impact on the growth of the market in the period 2020-2032.
Request a Sample@ https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/sample/119192
With an increase in the level of disposable income, there is a growing demand for advanced wound care as improper wound management may have a severe negative impact on patients’ health and, in some cases, may even lead to death. As a result, this factor is likely to boost the market demand in the forecast period. Chronic wound dressing requires ultimate care and is expected to propel the market demand. Increase in patient awareness is also propelling market demand.
Additionally, increased investments in research and development activities to come up with new and improved products are expected to propel the market growth in the upcoming years. High costs associated with these products, as well as the availability of substitute wound care products may create hindrances in the growth of the market in the forecast period.
Wound Type Outlook:
Chronic wound incidence rates are increasing and posing an increasing need for financial and healthcare resources. A proper and innovative wound dressing product addresses the needs of the patient with chronic wounds such as diabetes-related wounds and venous leg ulcers. These wounds are a major challenge, as they are quite time-consuming and also expensive to heal. The formation of bacterial biofilm has proved to be a primary contributor to such wounds.
Hospitals and clinics held the largest market share in 2020 and are expected to maintain their market dominance throughout the forecast period, with a growth rate of 5.9%. Hospitals and clinics registered the highest incidence of patients suffering from a chronic wound.
Product Type Outlook:
Based on product type, moist wound care is expected to generate a revenue of USD 8.84 Billion by 2032, with a growth rate of 5.8% in the forecast period. Moist wound care dressings produce and maintain a wet environment around the wound, which is favorable for effective curing of the wound. These products are recommended for the treatment of chronic wounds.
Foam dressings are ideal for exuding wounds, be it heavily or minimally. Foam dressings are for partial or full-thickness wounds. Wounds that can benefit from the foam dressings are surgical wounds, leg ulcers, minor burns, skin grafts, abrasions, lacerations, and infected wounds, among others. These dressings can be used on wounds that have soft necrotic tissue. These dressings are also flexible and can be cut to fit particular body parts such as fingers, toes, or ears.
North America contributed to the largest market share in 2023 attributed to the sophisticated healthcare system, favorable reimbursement system, and increased patient awareness levels in the region. An increased number of chronic diseases and the geriatric population is also causative of the market dominance of the region. Furthermore, high healthcare spending in North America has added to the further development of the healthcare sector. The increase in life expectancy, primarily in developed countries, owing to medical advancements and better life quality, reveals a sign of progress but also brings an increase in chronic health problems, which, in a number of cases, suggests the presence of non-healing wounds.
- The growth of the bioactive wound care market is consumer-centric. There has been a growing consumer awareness about the superior bioactive wound care in comparison to more conventional forms of wound care. Of the various types of biological materials for making bioactive wound dressings, silk fibroin (SF) obtained from Bombyx mori silkworm has garnered significant importance in the market.
- In the U.S. every year, around 300,000 surgical patients get an infection within 30 days of their operation causative of an estimated USD 10 billion in additional healthcare costs, and over 13,000 of those patients die. New technologies and an aging population in North America and Europe are likely to propel the market for nonsurgical bioactive wound care products in the upcoming years.
- Chronic foot ulcers are projected to affect 15% of people diagnosed with diabetes, a complicated disease in which the wound healing process is disturbed.
- Diabetic ulcer management is a foremost cause of hospitalization, are responsible for approximately 85% of all diabetic limb amputations.
- Treatment of diabetic foot ulcers is assessed to cost USD 20.00 billion annually, therefore emphasizing the economic burden of chronic wounds.
- Antimicrobial wound care is expected to witness the fastest growth rate of 6.7% during the forecast period.
- The benchmark in commercially available infection-fighting wound treatments depends on the antibacterial properties of silver. Silver also provides additional benefits to the wound healing process, comprising the down-regulation of MMPs.
Companies considered and profiled in this market study
3M Healthcare Ltd., Smith & Nephew PLC, Molnlycke Healthcare AB, Coloplast A/S, ConvaTec Inc., Paul Hartmann AG, Organogenesis Inc., Medtronic PLC, BSN Medical Inc., and Covalon Technologies Ltd. among others.
The players operating in the market have undertaken a number of strategies related to the market in the period 2022-2024. The key highlight is:
- In 2023, researchers with Xi’an Jiaotong University in northwest China’s Shaanxi Province had made a self-healing, injectable hydrogel that has several utilities as a wound dressing, particularly for joint skin damage.
- In 2023, MediWound completed enrollment in its second Phase II clinical trial to evaluate its EscharEx® biopharmaceutical. Based on MediWound’s proteolytic enzyme technology, EscharEx is made for removal or debridement of eschar in chronic and hard-to-heal wounds.
The industry offers numerous growth opportunities. Thus, a number of startups providing innovative products and technologies have been entering the market. Some of them include Sanuwave Health, MediWound Ltd, Bioxytran, and Promore Pharma, among others.
Mergers and Acquisitions are an integral part of the Bioactive Wound Care industry. Along with the companies operating in the market, other key market players have also been entering the industry.
- In October 2020, 3M completed the acquisition of Acelity, Inc.
- In July 2023, ConvaTec Group PLC, a significant global medical products and technologies company, announced the receiving of U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) clearance for its AQUACEL™ Ag Advantage* dressing for wound management.
Reports and Data forecast promising developments for increased adoption of Bioactive Wound Care. According to industry experts, new manufacturers are expected to enter the market, which is likely to provide enhanced market products. New Bioactive Wound Care companies entering the industry would focus on innovating and providing through advanced technologies, thereby reducing complexity and lowering the overall total cost of operation. Experts also believe that increase in the adoption of the latest technology in emerging nations would be a key development area for the industry.
Segments Covered in the report
This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis of the market trends in each of the sub-segments from 2023 to 2032. The scope of the report can be defined as:
For the purpose of this report have segmented the global Bioactive Wound Care Market on the basis of product type, wound type, end-user, and region:
Bioactive Wound Care Market Report Scope
Segments covered By Product Type Outlook, Wound Type Outlook, End-User Outlook, Regional Outlook
By Product Type Outlook
Moist Wound Care
Alginate Wound Dressing
Foam-Based Wound Dressing
Active Wound Care
Antimicrobial Wound Care
Silver Based Wound Dressing
Iodine Based Wound Dressing
Chitosan Based Wound Dressing
By Wound Type Outlook
By End-User Outlook
Ambulatory Care Services
Hospitals and Clinics
Middle East & Africa
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/119192/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact [email protected] | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us:
URL – http://www.qyresearchmedical.com/