The global Biosurveillance Market is forecasted to grow at a rate of 5.0% from USD 3.80 Billion in 2019 to USD 5.62 Billion in 2030. The recent H1N1 Influenza outbreak, SARS outbreak, and anthrax attacks in 2001 have made the government of various nations realize the importance of surveillance methods as an essential element of preparedness for bioterrorism.
The increasing demand for the service can be clearly established with the help of the fact that after the terrorist attack and release of anthrax in 2001, in just the US, USD 32 Billion have been allocated to biosurveillance & biodefense.
The global biosurveillance system has also been significantly impacted by advancements in information science and IoT that have resulted in enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of public health surveillance. The mentioned developments have resulted in changing the way of processing, collecting, decision making, learning, and analyzing data for research. This service is also witnessing growing popularity among health departments to monitor conditions that have a lack of surveillance systems like carbon monoxide poisonings and disseminate this information for enhancing public health situational awareness.
Though various supporting factors are fostering market growth, adverse factors like lack of required infrastructure in developing nations, and limited studies on the practice of bioterrorism surveillance may negatively impact the growth of the market. Other complications like lack of interoperability and limited coordination among the various private and government surveillance systems may also negatively impact the effectiveness of the system. There are concerns associated with infringement on the privacy of users, which would also negatively impact market growth.
Biosurveillance tools are used by the department of homeland security very extensively in the U.S. to monitor the situation in the country. BioWatch is the U.S. government program to discover biological agents present in the environment.
Request a Sample@ https://qyresearchmedical.com/sample/118884
The Syndromic Surveillance segment held a significant share of more than 40.0% in 2019. The market share held by the Syndromic Surveillance segment is attributed to its wide application and demand from the public health sector. In identifying a bioterrorism event, it plays a pivotal role in maintaining a strong index of suspicion. The data associated with such surveillance are gathered prior to the report of laboratory results. Due to the above-mentioned advantage, the surveillance turns out to be effective for health departments to identify incidents of increased disease incidence rate prior to formal diagnosis and respond to outbreaks like COVID-19 in an effective manner. Methods of conducting such surveillance may comprise data points and clues that may be used by public health personnel for recognizing patterns. Data sources like chief complaints from emergency-department visits, over-the-counter medication purchases, and nurse hotline calls are effective ways of monitoring illness clusters. High investment in this type of surveillance can be seen to be made by the US Government, military, the CDC, local & state public health agencies.
Technology and Equipment Outlook:
In context to Technology & Equipment, the Detection technology & equipment segment held a considerable share of the market of more than 45.0% in 2019. Some of the mentionable detection technology & equipment are the Joint Biological Agent Identification and Diagnostic System (JBAIDS), Autonomous Pathogen Detection System, Biological Materials MASINTCell, CANARY, among others. The market share held by the Detection technology & equipment segment is attributed to the fact that the main emphasis of this surveillance is on early detection of health events and detection of disease outbreak, which makes this technology and equipment the primary need for conducting the surveillance. In the process of conducting biosurveillance, the first step of the process is detection, which clearly establishes the importance of this technology and equipment.
The Human and animal populations segment held a considerable share of the market of more than 40.0% in 2019. The market share held by the Human and animal populations segment is attributed to the fact that major disease outbreak like COVID-19 or biological attacks like anthrax attacks have a direct impact on the human population, which makes the application of the surveillance on human population essential to control such outbreaks. In certain cases, the outbreak of these diseases can also be seen to have impacted animals, like few cases of tigers being infected by COVID-19 have been reported across the globe, which also contributes to the market share held by this segment.
North America can be seen to dominate the market that held more than 35.0% of the market in 2019. The market dominance of the region is attributed to its technological advancements and high incidence rate & impact of infectious diseases in this region, which is supporting the expansion of the market in this region. Furthermore, a high rate of investment on this sector by the government of this region, wherein after the terrorist attack and release of anthrax in 2001, in just the US, USD 32 Billion have been allocated to biosurveillance & biodefense is also boosting the growth of the market in this region. The COVID-19 pandemic has also taken a major toll on North America wherein in the U.S. as of 4 May 2020, there were 1,191,849 cases, which would also result in increasing the demand for such surveillance in the coming time that would also have a positive impact on the growth of the sector in this region.
- In recent years, biosurveillance services have gained significance as never before. It has been particularly observed after 2001, followed by the terrorist attack and anthrax release.
- The Medical intelligence segment is projected to witness a considerable growth rate of 6.0% during the forecast period. The growth rate witnessed by the Medical intelligence segment is attributed to continuous expansion of medical intelligence and the essential role played by such surveillance in reliably, securely and rapidly synthesize, share and collect different information sources in the medical intelligence sector.
- The detection technology & equipment segment held a considerable share in 2019. This is attributed to the fact that the main emphasis of this surveillance is on early detection of health events and detection of disease outbreak, which makes this technology and equipment the primary need for conducting the surveillance.
- Biosurveillance is considered as a way of releasing the lockdown and managing the risk of the second wave of outbreak. It is with the help of the surveillance, and governments can ascertain that individuals who may have or have the virus remain isolated. To ascertain it, conditioning the behavior and monitoring of the entire population is essential, which can be done with the help of such surveillance that would result in fostering the growth of the market.
Companies considered and profiled in this market study
Bitscopic, Hawkeye Systems, Inc., NanoViricides, Inc., Co-Diagnostics, Inc., Gilead Sciences, Inc., Novavax, Inc., Dynport Vaccine Company LLC, B.Ichor Medical Systems, Bavarian Nordic and Cleveland Biolabs, has been profiled in the report. They are the major manufacturers of the product.
The players operating in the market have undertaken a number of strategies related to the market in the period 2017-2020. The key highlight is:
- In December 2018, ADA-Space and the University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC) in collaboration had launched a second-generation AI satellite, TFSTAR. This satellite is effective in processing and analytics that enables it to sift through the data. By integrating data processing capability of TFSTAR with geocoding, a COVID-19 health visualization was created on which individuals are able to see the geographic reach of the infection and could identify the active infection and distance between them.
- In 2020, the Chinese government joined hands with tech giants Tencent and Alibaba for developing a color-coded health rating system that is applicable for tracking millions of people daily. Such collaboration and the launch of new products would positively impact the growth of the market.
The industry offers numerous growth opportunities. Thus, a number of startups providing innovative products and technologies have been entering the market. Some of them include Electronic Health Network, and Bitscopic, among others.
Electronic Health Network has developed a data platform, MiNT, that is a tech enabler for nations that are looking forward to applying digital upgrades for everything from provider payment processes, population health research efforts, and care delivery. The app is also applicable as the foundation network supporting web-based platforms that coordinate biosurveillance apps, ambulances, call centers, and first responders.
Mergers and Acquisitions are an integral part of the Artificial Intelligence (AI) as a Service industry. Along with the companies operating in the market, other key market players have also been entering the industry.
- In February 2020, Hawkeye Systems, Inc., one of the mentionable market players have signed LOI with Major n95 Mask distributer in Taiwan. The focus of this LOI was the rapid production of Smart Masks for Bio-surveillance Response to COVID-19 Outbreak. The smart mask would collaborate with the jointly developed in-depth camera of Hawkeye to support bio-surveillance by first responders and others managing and monitoring the global 19 crisis.
Reports and Data forecast promising developments for increased adoption of Biosurveillance, which would be particularly observable in the first three quarters of 2020. In the opinion of industry experts, the COVID-19 outbreak has resulted in highlighting the importance of electronically reported data for easily integrating and analyzing patterns indicating the nature of the outbreak, whether it is occurring naturally or it is a bio-terrorism caused infection. It would result in positively impacting the growth of the sector. The early trend detection can be shared with clinicians and other essential segments of the healthcare sector that can turn out to be effective in formulating a holistic treatment and management process of the infection.
Segments Covered in the report
This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis of the market trends in each of the sub-segments from 2017 to 2027. The scope of the report can be defined as:
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented the global Biosurveillance market on the basis of type, technology & equipment, end-user, application, end-use, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Syndromic Surveillance
- Alternative Surveillance Systems
- Laboratory Surveillance
- Environmental Surveillance
Technology and Equipment Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Biocontainment technology & equipment
- Detection technology & equipment
- Protection technology & equipment
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Human and animal populations
End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Human and animal populations
End-User Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Government administrative bodies
- Research organizations
- Healthcare organization and laboratory
- Government contractors
- Academic centers and think tanks
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
TABLE OF CONTENT
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technology
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2019-2030
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Biosurveillance Market Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Biosurveillance Market Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Industrial Outlook
4.2.1. Market indicators analysis
4.2.2. Market drivers analysis
188.8.131.52. The increasing occurrence rate of infectious diseases
184.108.40.206. The rising emphasis of governments of different nations on strengthening biodefense
220.127.116.11. COVID-19 pandemic
4.2.3. Market restraints analysis
18.104.22.168. Lack of required infrastructure in developing nations
22.214.171.124. Limited studies on practice of bioterrorism surveillance
4.3. Technological Insights
4.4. Regulatory Framework
4.5. ETOP Analysis
4.6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.7. Competitive Metric Space Analysis
4.8. Price Trend Analysis
4.9. Customer Mapping
4.10. Covid-19 Impact Analysis
4.11. Global Recession Influence
Chapter 5. Biosurveillance Market By Type Insights & Trends
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/118884/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact [email protected] | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us:
URL – http://www.qyresearchmedical.com/