The Cortisone market was valued at USD 1.15 billion in 2019 and is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 3.7%, with forecasts for 2030 eclipsing USD 1.54 billion. Cortisone is a naturally occurring glucocorticoid, it lower down the natural body defensive response. Cortisone is an inactive entity and get converted into the active metabolite “hydrocortisone” at the liver site. Earlier it was only used in a replacement therapy for adrenal insufficiency and as an anti-inflammatory agent, now the application has been expanded. The market is driven by increasing prevalence of chronic disease such as cancer and auto-immune disease, increasing geriatric population, increasing prevalence of allergic reactions.
Increasing cancer incidences, as per the estimation in the US 1,762,450 new cancer cases is estimated to be registered in 2019. Cancers such as leukemia, multiple myeloma and lymphoma are more common in the US comparatively to the rest of world, lymphoma is a general terminology for cancer which initiates into the lymph system and may spread to another lymphatic system. According to an estimation in 2019 around 74,200 new cases of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma more dominantly in men will be encountered and approximately 8,110 new cases of Hodgkin lymphoma will be encountered in the US. Unlike other steroidal hormones glucocorticoid can be used in anticancer treatment as it is not considered as oncogenic.
Request a Sample@ https://qyresearchmedical.com/sample/119006
Glucocorticoid inhibit the growth and cell necrosis in lymphoid tissue. Cortisone shots (the injection form of cortisone) is given for cancer treatment it acts through Glucocorticoid receptor and inhibit the tumorigenic action in lymphatic system. Cortisone reduces the inflammation, inflammation is the result outcome of the body due to its own defense mechanism against foreign matter. According to American Autoimmune Related Disease Association approximately 50 million Americans suffer from auto-immune disease and the incidences are expected to grow further due to the sedentary lifestyle among the American population. Due to rising incidences of chronic target disease such as cancer, usage of immunosuppressant drugs is on rise. Auto-immune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis shows signs of inflammation at the joints, in such cases cortisone shots are injected into joints such as knee, shoulder, hip, spine or wrist. Hydrocortisone cream is used for acne as it reduces inflammation and provide symptomatic relief. Cortisone is also applicable in bee or wasp stings, cortisone cream eases the redness, itch and inflammation occurred at the site. Cortisone is used in allergic reactions such as asthma, allergic rhinitis to reduce the inflamed respiratory track. Asthma is the most chronic pulmonary disease across the globe yet is misdiagnosed or under-treated, this loophole is expected to promote the cortisone market revenue
Despite the adverse effects of cortisone, it is preferred as a first line treatment for certain medical conditions, such as ophthalmic cases. The efficacy of the cortisone for its anti-inflammatory action in ophthalmological operations is high, that counteract the long lasted myth about potent steroids leading to vision loss. The corticosteroid does not only reduce the inflammatory action but also gene expression pathways that promotes formation of blood vessels (angiogenesis), imbalanced free radicle responsible of oxidation and antioxidants present in the body, and cell death.
Hydrocortisone, vitamin C and thiamine can be used in the treatment for the severe sepsis and septic shock, the study showed reduction in mortality rate in the cohort who administered the combination as compare to the other cohort who has no such consumption of the combination. Cortisone is avoided in certain cases due to its side effects. Cortisone retains the body fluid and increases blood volume in the body that consequently increases the blood pressure and may be fatal in heart patients. Associated side effects of cortisone such as insomnia, nausea, heartburn, muscle weakness, impaired wound healing, increased blood sugar and blood pressure may hinder the market growth.
Salient Features of the Cortisone Market
- Strongest driving force includes increasing prevalence of chronic disease such as cancer and auto-immune disease, increasing geriatric population, increasing prevalence of allergic reactions of developing as well as developed nations
- Various cortisone manufacturers are engaged in expansion of their product line by implication of user friendly technology. For instance, ANI launched its hydrocortisone rectal cream in 2019 for the symptomatic relief from pruritus and hemorrhoids
- Initiatives from various agencies such as American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association, Arthritis Foundation, British Society for Rheumatology, Multiple Sclerosis Society in UK provide funds and supports R&D of autoimmune disease drug manufacturing
- Although the cost for product is low, the cost of manufacturing remains high and introduction of new molecule. These are among a key challenge for the existing market players operating in cortisone market.
Companies Considered and profiled in this market study
Pfizer Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Perrigo Company plc, Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Crown Pharmaceuticals, Aptalis Pharma Canada Inc., ANI Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Merit Pharmaceutical, Sandoz are dominating players in the market and are the companies considered for this report.
- The Rheumatoid Arthritis segment held a significant share of the global market in 2019. It is expected to reach CAGR 4.2% during the forecasted period, as it is the most prevalent autoimmune disease across the world
- On the basis of formulation of the cortisone, injection form leads the global market and generated revenue of USD 500.6 million in 2019. Increased prevalence of joint pain, inflammation and arthritic conditions are the key factor for the surge of the injecting pathway of the cortisone market
- Due to increasing disposable income and increasing awareness towards epidemic outbreak of various auto-immune disease market growth is booming in developing countries as well as developed countries.
- The Asia-Pacific market is estimated to be the fastest growing regional segment accounting market revenue of USD 331.6 million in 2019, and CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period; owing it to growing incidence of autoimmune disease and increased aged population in emerging countries of Asia Pacific, improved regulatory framework, and strong worldwide distribution network of cortisone manufacturers.
- North America is the chief revenue generator holding 32.6% of the market revenue share in 2019
Key Coverage of the Report
- Region and country-wise assessment from the period 2019-2030. For the study, 2019-2017 has been utilized as historical data, 2019 as the base year, and 2019-2030, has been derived as forecasts
- Regional up-coming outlook
- Demand and Supply GAP Analysis
- Market share analysis of the key industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 6 years of all the mentioned segments, and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
This report predicts revenue growth and CAGR at a global, regional & country level, and analyses the markets by studying the drivers, constraints, opportunities, threats, challenges, Investment opportunities, products, uses, trends, market shares in each of the sub-segments from 2019 to 2030. For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the global Cortisone market report based on formulation, application, route of administration, patient use and region:
Formulation Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2030)
- Eye Ointment
- Eye Drop
- Cream and Ointment
Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2030)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2030)
- Back pain
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
Patient Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2030)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2030)
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/119006/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact [email protected] | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us:
URL – http://www.qyresearchmedical.com/