The global diabetic retinopathy market was valued at USD 8,579.1 Million in 2023 and is expected to reach USD 14.95 Billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 7.10%. Diabetic retinopathy damages the blood vessels within the retinal tissue, causing them to leak fluid and distort vision. Diabetic retinopathy is a diabetes obstacle that affects eyes. It’s caused by damage to the blood vessels of the light-sensitive tissue at the back of the eye (retina). Diabetic retinopathy usually affects both the eyes.
As the condition progresses, diabetic retinopathy symptoms typically include; spots or dark strings floating in your vision (floaters)blurred vision, fluctuating vision, impaired color vision, dark or empty areas in your vision and also vision loss. Excess of sugar intake in blood can lead to the blockage of the tiny blood vessels that nourish the retina, cutting off its blood supply. As a result, the eye attempts to grow new blood vessels nonetheless these new blood vessels don’t mature properly and can leak easily. There are two types of diabetic retinopathy viz, early diabetic retinopathy and advanced diabetic retinopathy. The line of treatment for diabetic retinopathy depends exclusively on extremity of the condition and may require intraocular injections, anti-VEGF drugs, laser surgery or vitrectomy.
Request a Sample@ https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/sample/119311
Growing incidence of diabetes along with rising incidence of blindness because of diabetes is predicted to drive the market growth during the forecast period. Moreover, increase in purchasing power and the dread of losing vision have augmented the expenditure by patients to avail the indispensable treatment. Availability of advanced technology and minimal pain inducing laser procedure topped with quick recovery is likely to promote patients’ inclination to adopt surgical treatments.
Key coverage of the report
- Estimation of market size along with historic and forecasted trend analysis.
- Regional competitors pricing strategy/policy.
- Statistical analysis has been conducted on obtaining the individual share of prescribed segments.
- Regional up-coming of Global Diabetic Retinopathy Market outlook.
- Demand and supply gap analysis.
- Regional prevalence of the market has been mapped.
- Strategic recommendations of the new entrants.
- Market share analysis of the top industry players.
- Market trends (drivers, constraints, opportunities, threats, challenges and recommendation)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations.
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends.
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments.
Salient trends/features of global diabetic retinopathy market
- Proliferative diabetic retinopathy treatment involves making 1,000 to 2,000 tiny laser burns in areas of the retina away from the macula. These laser burns are intended to cause abnormal blood vessels to shrink. Elimination of abnormal blood vessels can help to improve areas of the retina. This is likely to propel the demand of diabetic retinopathy market
- The Diabetic Retinopathy Clinical Research Network (DRCR.net) conducts large multi-center trials to test new therapies for diabetic eye disease, and to compare different therapies. The network comprises more than 350 physicians practicing at more than 140 clinical sites across the country. They are private practice eye clinics, enabling the network to quickly bring innovative treatments from research into practice
- According to the estimates of the screening conducted by the All India Ophthalmological Society, the prevalence of diabetic retinopathy in the data set collected by them was approximately calculated to 21.7%
- World Health Organization in 2018, estimated that 1.6 million deaths were directly caused by diabetes. WHO estimates that diabetes was the seventh leading cause of deaths
- Approximately 1.5% adults suffering from diabetes were affected from proliferative diabetic retinopathy in the U.S. in the recent past
- Proliferative diabetic retinopathy is the most advanced stage of this condition, in which fragile blood vessels leak blood into the eye resulting in blurred vision. It is possible to diagnose diabetic retinopathy through comprehensive eye exams such as visual acuity test, dilated eye exam, and tonometry
- In cases of proliferative diabetic retinopathy, high level of the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is being perceived in fibrovascular tissues of eyes of diabetic patients which has encouraged use of anti-VEGF as the most effective and efficient management method
Companies profiled for this market study
Bayer AG, Pfizer Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc., Novartis AG, Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc., Abbott Laboratories Ltd., Alimera Sciences Inc., AmPio Pharmaceuticals Inc., Bausch & Lomb Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, iCo Therapeutics Inc., Lupin Ltd., PAREXEL International Corp., Quark Pharmaceuticals Inc., Thrombogenic NV, and Vitreoretinal Technologies Inc
- Non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy has registered highest CAGR of 7.5% and is successful in dominating the market with market share of 56%. The most common reason for blindness in people suffering from diabetes is non-proliferative
- North American section accounted for the largest share of 36.8% due to the supportive compensation strategies, and increasing prevalence of diabetes
- Anti-VEGF has the highest market revenue in the diabetic retinopathy market. Anti-VEGF therapy has an ability to treat visual acuity radically. This therapy helps to stabilize the vision in patients suffering from diabetic retinopathy
- The drug treatment Eylea has been given approval for all stages of diabetic retinopathy in America following a successful clinical trial. The drug is an injectable treatment which works by stopping the growth of abnormal blood vessels, lowering swelling and helping to reduce for the leakage and bleeding which can cause loss of vision. Such approvals are projected to increase the market demand for diabetic retinopathy
- Asia-Pacific regional segment of the diabetic retinopathy market is expected to register itself as highest growing segment during the forecasted period, at a CAGR of 8.3%; owing it to the qualitative as well as quantitative market potential offered in developing nations such as China & India
- Among the distribution channels, hospitals and pharmacies have accounted for the largest share in the diabetic retinopathy market. Hospitals and pharmacies comprise of well-equipped diagnosis instruments which prove to be lucrative for this segment, thus, there creating a high rate of demand in the market
- The EyeArt Al Eye Screening System makes in-clinic, real-time DR screening possible for any physician which enables quick and accurate identification of patients with referable DR. diabetic retinopathy screening were increased from 0 to 1000 after the implementation of EyeArt Al Eye
Segments covered in this market study
This report about global diabetic retinopathy market forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional and country level also, provides an analysis on the industry trends in each of the sub segments from 2023 to 2032. For the purpose of this study, the market is segmented on the basis of type, management, distribution channel and regions:
Diabetic Retinopathy Market Report Scope
Segments covered By Type, Management, Distribution channel, Regional Outlook
Proliferative diabetic retinopathy
Non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy
Intraocular steroid injection
By Distribution channel
Hospital and pharmacies
Ambulatory surgical centers
Middle East & Africa
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/119311/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact [email protected] | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us:
URL – http://www.qyresearchmedical.com/