The Global Empty Capsules Market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% from USD 1.86 billion in 2019 to USD 2.90 billion in 2030. The main drivers of growth include an increasing geriatric population, the strong demand in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and cosmeceutical industries for empty capsules, and the increased customer preference for tablet capsules.
The increased prevalence and chronic diseases in the geriatric population place a strong demand for the provision of therapeutically appropriate medicines. The geriatric population prefers capsules in solid dosage forms mostly due to the following reasons: they are easier to chew, have faster dissolution times compared to other oral dosage types, and gastrointestinal discomfort due to these dosing types has decreased.
Many consumers prefer the capsules because of their quick disintegration which results in faster rate of absorption and the use of tasteless and odorless gelatin coating, so that the capsules are appreciated. The capsule type, such as cod liver oil capsules and CosmoPod capsules, preferred for the most part to nutraceuticals and cosmeceuticals. This is due to the high worldwide demand for empty capsules in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and cosmeceutical industry, as well as their benefits from capsule use.
Request a Sample@ https://qyresearchmedical.com/sample/118938
The raw material prices, as well as the cultural and religious problems involved in the consumption of capsules containing inactive animal-derived ingredients, such as porcine and bovine gelatin shells, constitute, however, limiting factors for this market’s growth.
The market of the empty capsules is divided into gelatin and non-gelatin capsules on the basis of the product. The gelatin capsule segment was more than three-fourths, and its dominance is expected to continue over the forecast period. Some of the main factors expected to improve growth in this segment over the forecast period are the low cost of non gelatin capsules, the availability of gelatin in the production process and the protein content of gelatin.
Nevertheless, growth is anticipated in a lucrative CAGR for the non-gelatin capsules market. Several essential factors include the vegetable roots of these capsules, which bypass religious issues linked to animal capsules, the consequent rise in the user base of the non-gelatin capsules and the improvement of vegetarian capsules\’ stability compared with gelatin capsules.
Therapeutic Application Outlook:
The main therapeutic applications in empty capsules include antibiotic and antibacterial medicinal products, anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatical medicinal products, cardiac therapies, vitamins and supplements, anti-acidic and anti-flatulence medicinal medicines, anti-anemic preparations, cough and coolant preparations.
Due to a high prevalence of various infection diseases and chronic conditions worldwide that imposes high demand on the pharmaceutical industry, the antibiotic and the antibacterial product segment created the highest revenue and eventually encouraged the growth of the empty capsule sector.
It is predicted that in the prediction period, the segment of vitamins and food supplements will be the fastest growers.
The empty capsules industry is divided into the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and cosmetic industries as well as diagnostic laboratories on the basis of end-users.
The largest share of sales was generated by the pharmaceutical industry market. The capsules are the most common solid dosage forms due to various motifs, such as improved palatability and quicker absorption levels, which meet the highest demand for the treatment of a host of chronic and infectious diseases by these empty capsules in the pharmaceutical industry.
The highest share of revenue of North America is due to the prevalence and growing market perception of the nutraceutical and cosmeceutical industries in that region. The main reasons for this growth are the health patterns found on the markets in North America.
As these nutraceuticals help to avoid serious health issues such as obesity, cancer and arthritis, use of these nutraceuticals has increased. Considering that capsules are the most common solid type of oral delivery, in the nutraceutical industry the demand for empty capsules is large.
The highest CAGR for Asia-Pacific during the forecast period is predicted. The main factors included the prolongation of pharmaceutical industries in the region, the favorable government initiatives for health infrastructure growth, including pharmacy, and the increasing demand for nutraceuticals and cosmeceuticals because of the increased consciousness of the trends in well-being and fitness-oriented changing lifestyles thus driving the growth of the empty capsules market in the APAC region.
- The key drivers of the empty capsules market are the growth of the acceptance of capsules in the population of geriatrics, the advancement of the pharmaceutical industry with the rising use of R&D & clinical research activities and developments in technology in the delivery of capsules.
- At the highest CAGR during the forecast period the non-gelatin capsule segment is expected to rise. Growth is driven by growing demand for non-animal products and the advantages these capsules provide over gelatin-based products.
- Within this area, an increased growth rate is expected for the immediate release capsular market, which is commonly utilized in the manufacture of antibiotics, antibacterial, antacids, painkillers, and inhalers, medication preparations for cough and cold medicines and dietary supplements.
- The segment of dietary supplements is expected to see a quick increase. This category is significantly affected by factors such as a growing understanding of safety and access to medical care in the developing world, an increase in the prevalence of lifestyle diseases and the increased use of vitamin capsules as over-the-count medications.
- The commodity is primarily driven by demand. The firms are also aggressively invested in R&D to develop new products and take advantage of attractive prospects in different consumer segments.
- North America, which in the forecast period will mirror the European country, will have the highest market size in the empty market capsules. The increasing presence of major capsule producers with limited production capacity and the presence of a variety of pharmaceutical companies with significant competitive capacities utilizing such capsules are responsible for North America\’s highest market share.
Companies considered and profiled in this market study
ACG Associated Capsules Pvt. Ltd., Capsugel Inc., CapsCanada Corporation, JC Biological Technology Co. Ltd, Medicaps Ltd., Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, Qualicaps, Inc., Patheon, Inc., Sunil Healthcare Ltd., and Roxlor LLC, among others, have been profiled in the report. They are the major manufacturers of the product.
The players operating in the market have undertaken a number of strategies. The key highlights are:
- In July 2018, The Capsugel Vcaps Gen C capsule based on the formula carrageenan gelling agent was introduced by Lonza’s Capsule Delivery Solutions to extend Lonza\’s Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose Capsule (HPMC) portfolio.
- In February 2018, Investments from CapsCanada Corporation (Canada) in the state-of-the-art hydroxypropyl metho-cellulose (HPMC) production facility have been valued at US$ 28 million. The company increased its capsule production by 50 percent to meet the increasing global K-CAPS demand through this investment.
The industry of Empty Capsules provides small producers and startups major opportunities to find cost-effective solutions for the manufacture of advanced driver aid goods. Demand from manufacturers of coatings is constantly increasing, and this can inspire many startups in this sector to launch innovative products.
Mergers and Acquisitions are an integral part of the Empty Capsules industry. Along with the companies operating in the market, other key market players have also been entering the industry.
- In February 2018, ACG signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the creation of molecular tagged empty hard-shell capsules with Applied DNAs, Inc. (US) which will allow ACG to leverage the validated molecular tagging and authentication technologies of Applied DNAs.
- In July 2019, with the incorporation of both of its current portfolios, Lonza Group has acquired Capsugel S.A., the worldwide leader in the hard capsule market to speed up production. The investment also helps Lonza to enter broader pharmaceutical, food and dietary markets.
Reports and Data forecast that the Empty Capsules Market industry can face some disruptions due to imbalance and turbulence in the global economy. The demand for Empty Capsules is high according to expert industrial analysts. Statements and comments by leading business leaders indicate that they are working to accelerate the construction of more manufacturing processes to meet much more complex costs. Nevertheless, the COVID-19 pandemic has destroyed and restored all efforts and predictions for the business growth. Experts accepted that the pandemic would decrease the global average market level and lead to a reduction in consumer demand by updating key approaches in order for COVID-19 to thrive and develop good partnerships with its business partners.
Segments Covered in the report
This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis of the market trends in each of the sub-segments from 2019 to 2030. The scope of the report can be defined as:
For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the Empty Capsules market on the basis of Product, Therapeutic Application, End-Use, and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; Volume: Million Tons; 2019-2030)a
- Gelatin Capsules
- Non-Gelatin capsules
Therapeutic Application Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; Volume: Million Tons; 2019-2030)
- Antibiotic and antibacterial drugs
- Vitamin and dietary supplements
- Antacids and ant flatulent preparations
- Antianemic preparations
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatic drugs
- Cardiac therapy drugs
- Cough and cold preparations
End-Use Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; Volume: Million Tons; 2019-2030)
- Pharmaceutical industries
- Nutraceutical industries
- Cosmeceutical industries
- Research laboratories
Regional Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; Volume: Million Tons; 2019-2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/118938/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact [email protected] | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us:
URL – http://www.qyresearchmedical.com/