The global healthcare adhesive tapes market is forecast to reach USD 43.00 Billion by 2030, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Healthcare Adhesive Tape is a pressure-sensitive adhesive tape. Its primary use is in first aid and medicine for securing a dressing or bandage applied on a wound. Its high acceptance and application in the healthcare sector are associated to some of its mentionable traits like, it is hypoallergenic, designed in such a manner that allows it to stick on the skin firmly, and holding the dressing materials, and it is easily removable without the risk of skin damage. This type of adhesive tapes are breathable, allowing air to reach the skin like the Kinesiology Tape. Some of these breathable tapes are made of cotton. Tapes that are formed of a microporous material, like 3M Micropore, are widely used.
In spite of various traits of this adhesive tapes that have resulted in its extensive application in the healthcare sector, factors like the rise in awareness about advanced wound care products and elevated pricing pressure on industry players may act as a hindrance for the expansion of the market. At times, this type of adhesive tapes is contaminated with Multidrug-resistant organisms (MROs). Healthcare products like surgical drains, intravenous cannulae, and wound dressings are usually fixed using surgical adhesive tapes. It increases the risk of colonisation and infection. Tape rolls are also left lying on contaminated surfaces, used by various healthcare providers and cannot be disinfected. The mentioned risks of infection associated with the adhesive tape is an issue that is needed to be resolved for ascertaining continuous growth of the market.
In context to region, North America dominates the market. The rising geriatric population, increasing in the occurrence rate of chronic wounds, and technological developments in the healthcare sector are some of the contributing factors that are supporting the growth of the market in this region.
Request a Sample@ https://qyresearchmedical.com/sample/119011
Key Coverage of the Report
- Region and country wise statistics of the healthcare adhesive tapes market from the period 2019-2030. While 2019 & 2017 has been utilized as historical data, 2018 is considered the base year. 2019-2030 have been derived as forecasts.
- Estimation of the market size along with historical and forecasted trend analysis.
- Various types’ of alternatives available have been analyzed. Statistical analysis has been conducted on obtaining the individual share of these segments.
- The regulatory framework of each region.
- Regional up-coming research and application outlook.
- Status of on-going developments.
- Regional prevalence of healthcare adhesive tapes has been mapped.
- Demand and Supply GAP Analysis
- Regional Competitors Pricing Strategy
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments.
Salient Trends of the Healthcare Adhesive Tapes Market
- The healthcare adhesive tapes market is projected to witness a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period and reach USD 00 Billion in 2030.
- Different initiatives taken by the market players for strengthening their market position have a positive impact on the growth of the market. As an instance, in April 2017, BSN medical, a prominent medical solutions company, was acquired by Essity. The motive for this acquisition was the expansion of Essity’s health and hygiene solutions across the world.
- Another such initiative of the acquisition was taken by Avery Dennison in May 2017, when it acquired Finesse Medical, which is a significant innovator of healthcare products. Achievement of long-term financial and strategic goals of Avery Dennison, with the help of inventions of Finesse Medical, was the primary purpose for this acquisition.
- New product launches is another initiative, which is often opted by industry players for enhancing their market presence. As an instance, 3M had launched a high-adhesion Durapore medical adhesive tape in November 2018. The specialty of this tape is, it provides effective critical tube securement, enhanced safety in extreme conditions like environments with high moisture. Developments of such new products has a positive impact on the expansion of the market.
Companies considered and profiled in this market study
Johnson & Johnson, 3M Company, Cardinal Health, Inc., Nichiban Co., Ltd., Nitto Denko Corporation, Scapa Group PLC, Smith & Nephew PLC, Essity Aktiebolag (Publ), Avery Dennison Corporation, & Paul Hartmann AG. The companies emphasized on different strategies like acquisitions, new product launches, mergers, to tap the untapped market.
- The valuation for the healthcare adhesive tapes market was USD 27.00 Billion in 2018, and it is forecasted to have a growth rate of 5.8% during the forecast period.
- In context to Resin Type, the market is dominated by the Acrylic segment that occupies the largest market share of 41.0% in 2018 with a growth rate of 6.0% during the forecast period. The market share held by the Acrylic segment is attributed to its traits like breathable nature, and permeability, which helps in the effective management of the moisture, enhanced adhesion properties on varied substrates. The presence of the mentioned traits in acrylic has resulted in its high acceptance and use in the healthcare sector.
- While discussing Resin Type, it is worth mentioning here that the Silicone segment is projected to witness the fastest CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period, which is expected to occupy 34.6% of the market by 2030. The growth rate of the Silicone segment is attributed to the rising demand for low peel adhesion, and its traits like minimal chemical reactivity, and low toxicity that makes it an ideal choice for healthcare application.
- In regards to Backing Material, the Fabric segment occupies the largest market share of 41.0% in 2018 with a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period. The market share held by the Fabric segment is consequential of its traits like permeability, strength, excellent chemical resistance, and heat resistance which makes it an ideal material for use in the healthcare sector, which results in its extensive application.
- While discussing Backing Material, it is mentionable here that the Paper segment is forecasted to witness the fastest growth rate of 7.0% during the forecast period, which is expected to occupy 23.0% of the market by 2030. The growth rate experienced by the Paper segment is the result of its high comfort as compared to other backing materials like fabric and rising geriatric population for whom comfort is essential.
- In context to End-user, the Hospital segment occupies the largest market share of 62.0% in 2018 with the second-highest growth rate of 6.0% during the forecast period. The market share held by the hospital segment is the result of the rise in geriatric population, increase in chronic pain, and the increase in the number of surgeries, which has elevated the demand for this tape.
- In context to region, North America occupies the largest market share of 38.0% in 2018 with a CAGR of 6.0% during the forecast period. The rising geriatric population, increase in the occurrence rate of chronic wounds, and technological developments in the healthcare sector are some of the factors that are supporting the growth of the market in this region.
Segments Covered in the report:
This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis of the industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2019 to 2030. For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented the global healthcare adhesive tapes market according to Resin Type, Backing Material, End-user, Application, and Region:
Resin Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
Backing Material Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
End-user Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASC)
- Homecare settings
Application Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Surgeries & securement
- Wounds & injuries
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/119011/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us: