The global hernia repair device market size was significantly robust and is expected to register a steady revenue CAGR over the forecast period. Rising incidence of hernia, especially inguinal ones, increasing demand for stress-free repair procedures, technological advancement of mesh materials such as surgical mesh by major players, and rising demand for robotic surgeries are some key factors driving market revenue growth going ahead.
Hernia is a medical condition in which internal organs or part of internal organs protrude through an abnormal opening in the cavity wall. Different methods can be used to treat different types of hernias. Surgery is generally recommended for most types of hernias. This is done to prevent complications such as bowel obstruction or strangulation. A hernia repair device is a type of medical equipment that is used to treat hernia. Due to rising hernia cases and supportive government initiatives to promote awareness the demand for advanced devices presents a significant opportunity for key players to go ahead of their competition.
Request a Sample@ https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/sample/119431
COVID 19 Impact Analysis
- The global galantamine hydrobromide market report offers information and expansive coverage of the current scenario in the market, including impact and changes resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and emergence of variants of the virus.
- The virus outbreak and social distancing norms and restrictions severely disrupted the overall business landscape and operations worldwide.
- Both negative and positive impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic have been analyzed and details provided in the report.
- COVID-19 pandemic and lockdowns have resulted in several countries shutting down airports, ports, and commercial and domestic transportation. This had impacted manufacturing activities and operations globally and took a toll on the economy of various countries.
- Complete country-wide lockdowns and partial lockdowns had major impact on demand-side and supply-side on the manufacturing sector.
- Sudden and drastic downturn in economic activity caused a slowdown in production and also resulted in employment loss to a major extent.
- Supply impacts were further compounded due to challenges on the demand-side owing to reduced disposable income, depleting savings, and increased concerns and uncertainties.
- The initial impact of the second wave hit small businesses and retailers the hardest owing to liquidity crunches and stretched working capital.
- Healthcare infrastructure also bore major brunt of the results as systemic issues resulted in inability to accommodate patients and shortage of crucial supplies and medical equipment.
- Companies continue to maintain stringent safety regulations and social distancing norms, and the restrictions on number of workers and personnel allowed to work on work floors and office and factory settings etc., at any given time continues to cause ripple effects across various industries and sectors.
- Emergence of variants of the virus and rise in infection rates during the initial waves and subsequent lockdowns has severely impacted operations and disrupted supply chains.
- Companies are making robust and urgent attempts to get accustomed to restrictions and need to deploy more stringent safety measures for workforce and personnel and to manage operations in a ‘new normal’ currently.
- Revenues have been impacted significantly across sectors and industries, and across all major and developing economies, and companies continue to deploy various strategies and focus on managing core tasks as the challenge continues on a global scale.
- Experts are yet to ascertain whether the situation and challenges will clear up or continue indefinitely, but emergence of new variants and potential outbreaks are expected to remain on the horizon for a few more years.
Rising morbidity due to family history of hernia, pregnancy, chronic constipation, cystic fibrosis, preterm delivery, or low birth weight, technological advancements and introduction of a variety of innovative repair kits are factors positively contributing to hernia repair device market revenue growth. Rising prevalence of obesity and diarrhoea are other factors that drive demand for hernia repair devices. Smoking, overwork, constant coughing and sneezing, and malnutrition can also weaken muscles and promote development of this disease. As abdominal muscles weaken, inner lining of abdominal muscles bulges into a small sac and causes hernia. Most morbidities are caused by a combination of applied pressure and weakness of muscle or connective tissue. Rising elderly population, favourable reimbursement policies, and increasing product launches further drive market growth.
High cost of treatment is the main factor restricting growth of global market for hernia repair devices. In addition, adverse effects associated with use of hernia repair kits such as pain, infection, hernia recurrence, adhesions, intestinal obstruction, organ perforation, and other adverse reactions are expected to cause a slow-down in market growth. Mesh can cause intestinal obstruction as it can migrate in body. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), removed mesh is the main cause of preformation and obstruction of the patient’s intestines. Chronic infections such as inflammation, fever, and other flu-like symptoms can occur in patients.
Product Type Outlook:
Due to widespread adoption, hernia mesh device is expected to account for largest revenue share over the forecast period. Factors such as improved resistance to infection and ability to provide long-term tensile strength to prevent a recurrence is expected to drive growth of this segment. This section takes a closer look at biological and synthetic networks. Synthetic mesh segment accounted for steady revenue share in 2020, due to large-scale availability and high profitability.
The hernia fixation device segment is expected to register a robust revenue share during the projected period. This section is sub-segmented into suture thread, tack applicator and glue applicator. Due to high cost of repair equipment and availability of products, tack applicators are expected to account for significantly steady global hernia repair equipment market revenue share. Due to high usage rate in various surgical applications, demand for sutures is gaining traction.
Surgery Type Outlook:
Inguinal hernias are most prominent of all types of hernias. Factors such as patient viability due to stress-free surgery and widespread adoption of surgical procedures are expected to lead to inguinal hernia segment to account for robust revenue share. High incidence of these surgical procedures has led to high demand for hernia repair devices. The incisional hernia surgery segment is expected to account for a steady revenue share during the forecast period. Incisional hernia is caused by a previously made incision in abdominal wall or a surgical wound that has not healed completely. This operation is the second major operation carried out after inguinal surgery.
Among regional analysis, North America hernia repair equipment market is expected to account for largest revenue share over the forecast period. Rising prevalence of hernia and well-developed medical facilities are some key factors expected to positively impact market revenue growth over the forecast period. In addition, government initiatives and rising public awareness are other factors driving demand for hernia repair equipment in this region.
Asia hernia repair equipment market is expected to register significantly steady revenue share over the forecast period. China and India are expected to become fastest-growing hernia repair device market in Asia. This is due to large investments by companies to introduce innovative products. Presence of large number of patients, increasing government funding, and improvement in medical facilities are other factors driving demand for hernia repair equipment.
Companies Profiled in the Report:
Some of the major companies operating in global hernia repair equipment market are B. Braun Melsungen AG, Cook Medical, Inc. and Covidien Plc., CR Bard, Inc., Ethicon, Inc., Life Cell Corporation, Olympus Corporation, W.L.Gore. & Associates and others.
Segments Covered in the Report:
For the purpose of this report, has segmented global hernia repair devices market on the basis of product type, surgery type and region:
Product Type Outlook: (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
- Hernia mesh:
- Biologic mesh
- Synthetic mesh
- Hernia fixation devices:
- Tack applicators
- Glue applicators
Surgery Type Outlook: (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
- Inguinal hernia
- Umbilical hernia
- Incisional hernia
- Femoral hernia
Regional Outlook: (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/119431/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us: