The global homecare pregnancy test kits market is forecasted to grow at a rate of 8.1% from USD 808.2 million in 2023 to USD 1391.8 million in 2032. The global homecare pregnancy test kit market is growing at a substantial pace owing to the growing acceptance and inclination of the patients towards the newly invented advanced testing kits over the conventional ones.
In order to substantialize the testing technique, every year, the research and development are carried out tremendously, and government bodies invest a handful of the amount in their R&D, which fuels up the market growth by a large margin during the forecast period. The rising prevalence of teen pregnancy is driving the market substantially. For instance, the U.S. teen pregnancy rate is considerably higher than in other western nations, and racial/ethnic and geographic disparities in teen birth rates persist in various parts of the region. For instance, in 2023, about194,377 babies were born to women aged 15–19 years, for a birth rate of 18.8 per 1,000 women in this age group. Better and improved government initiatives to assist women regarding pregnancy, initiatives taken by manufacturers to expand their market all over the world, new entrants in the market, curb in the price of the products, and enhanced technology is expected to propel the market during the forecast period.
Request a Sample@ https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/sample/119215
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2015, there were 40% cases of unintended pregnancy and 10% cases of teenage pregnancy. The rise in unintended pregnancies is expected to create the demand for these testing kits. For instance, according to Lancet Global Health, a study conducted in 2015, 70 unintended pregnancies per 1000 women between age group 15-49 years occurs in India. There is a wide array of product portfolio to choose from; for instance, One-Step Urine/Serum Combo Pregnancy DipStick Test is a colloidal gold antibody complex based immunoassay designed for the qualitative determination of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) in serum or urine.
Many countries all over the world are adopting e-commerce rapidly and improving digital payments infrastructure, and online pharmacies are one of the major verticals of e-commerce, are starting to gain momentum and have tremendous growth potential. Online stores also enable consumers to choose from the array of alternative products at convenient pricing. Government bodies and households\’ healthcare spending has increased over recent years. Also, the faster adoption of the internet amongst users is a major factor contributing to the market growth during the forecast period. The stores are collaborating with the government to create awareness and reach remote locations, which will further propel the market significantly during the forecast period. Moreover, as compared to lab tests, which are more time consuming and expensive, pregnancy testing strips and dipsticks kits provide fast results in less expense. However, the accuracy of the pregnancy test device is less than the lab tests, which may restrain market growth. Moreover, stringent government regulation is expected to hinder the market during the forecast period.
Type of test Outlook:
The segment of urine test for HCG is expected to have significant CAGR of 7.4% during the forecast period. Technological advancements in pregnancy test kits and rapid expansion of the distribution network of product manufacturers for widespread availability of kits are the factors providing traction to the market during the forecast period.
Home blood test kits are projected to rise from 2023 to 2032 at the highest CAGR of 9.3%. Home blood test kits market share is expected to witness significant growth due to rising awareness among women. Additionally, many women find it more convenient to wait a day or two and take a pregnancy test in the privacy of their home. Besides, an HPT will typically produce results in just minutes.
The key driver for the market growth includes rising awareness among the women worldwide; initiatives are taken up by the private bodies, for instance, many manufacturers conduct promotional campaigns for influencing rural women to use such pregnancy testing kits.
Digital devices is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period with a CAGR of 8.8%. The market for digital devices for pregnancy testing is driven by the growing age of first pregnancy, continuous technological advancement, and attractive product features such as smartphone app connectivity in pregnancy test devices
Sales Channel Outlook:
The pharmacies are expected to witness healthy growth rates due to the dramatic increase in the prevalence of adolescence pregnancy in the developed nation. The technological advancement in the field of diagnostic and pregnancy kits is expected to witness the remarkable rise in the near future, which will further boost the market growth for pharmacies. Moreover, pharmacy stores are located within hospitals or outside, enables easy access to the kits. Easy availability of products is also boosting the demand in the near future.
North America dominated the market with a revenue of USD 295.7 million in 2023 due to the presence of a large number of medical kits manufacturers. North America region accounts for the largest market share of the global homecare pregnancy test kits market, which can be attributed to the extensive R&D activities that provide a platform for growth through consistent new product approvals.
In the Asia Pacific region, the products are easily available as there are many vendors that are available across the region. The growing demand for pregnancy testing has been observed in different countries of the region, which fuels the growth of the market. Additionally, according to UNESCO, The average adolescent birth rate in Southeast Asia is 47 births per 1000 females aged 15 to 19, higher than the average of 35 in South Asia.
The market in Europe and the rest of the world has a possible future opportunity for expansion of the market as the lifestyle in countries including Brazil, South Africa, the UAE, Germany, the United Kingdom, and France are changing. The factors driving the market growth include an increase in unplanned pregnancies, rise in disposable income, along with the changing lifestyles, and growing literacy rates.
- Home blood test kits market share is expected to witness significant growth due to rising awareness among women. Better and improved government initiatives to assist women regarding pregnancy, initiatives taken by manufacturers to expand their market all over the world, new entrants in the market, curb in the price of the products, and enhanced technology is expected to propel the market during the forecast period.
- Online sales channel is expected to have significant growth during the forecast period. Moreover, companies concentrate on technical advancement, updating the research equipment, and process changes, reducing costs, and increasing efficiency and clinical outcome of the treatment method.
- With continuous research and development, newer urinary pregnancy test has been emerging in the market. These can detect the urine before the period is missed. Urinary pregnancy test lead to the development of various types of urine kits combined LH & HCG UPT, UPT with wide testing range 25-600iu/ml to avoid hook effect.
- The Certainty is a digital testing device, and the advent of technology in healthcare is propelling the market for digital devices in homecare pregnancy testing. For instance, VeriClear’s Digital Early Result Pregnancy Test was developed using the technology platform, TrueDX. It is moving from all manual tests to digital tests, with a monitor reading the bands and informing women they are pregnant.
Companies considered and profiled in this market study
Abbott Laboratories Boditech Med Inc. Cardinal Health Confirm Biosciences Germaine Laboratories Siemens Piramal Enterprises Danaher Corporation Procter & Gamble Co., and Quidel Corporation has been profiled in the report. They are significant market players.
The players operating in the market have undertaken several strategies related to the market in the period 2023-2032. The key highlight is:
- In 2023, Siemens Healthineers received FDA clearance for the Atellica IM Total hCG for the quantitative measurement of chorionic gonadotropin in human serum or plasma using the Atellica IM Analyzer. Such launch and introduction of products are expected to fuel the market growth in the near future.
- In 2023, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had cleared the VeriClear Digital Early Result Pregnancy Test, which can detect a pregnancy as early as 6 days before a missed period. The introduction of newer and advanced products is fueling the growth of the global pregnancy test kits market.
The industry offers numerous growth opportunities. Thus, a number of startups providing innovative products and technologies have been entering the market. The untapped potential in emerging economics will help the startup companies to gain traction during the forecast period..
Mergers and Acquisitions are an integral part of the Homecare pregnancy testing kit market. Along with the companies operating in the market, other key market players have also been entering the industry.
- In July 2023, Quidel acquired Alere’s triage assets as it boosts its position in the point of care (POC) market, as well as its geographic footprint.
- In October 2023, Clearblue announced the launch of a new accessible service, in partnership with Be My Eyes for a quick accessibility link to the service, giving women the clear answers they want and deserve.
Reports and Data forecast promising developments for increased adoption of homecare pregnancy testing kit. The companies are designing new product concepts according to the current customer expectations coupled with best clinical outcome. According to industry experts, new manufacturers are expected to enter the market, which is likely to change the market dynamics. New companies entering the industry would focus on innovating and providing through advanced technologies, thereby reducing complexity and lowering the overall total cost of operation.
Segments Covered in the report
This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis of the market trends in each of the sub-segments from 2023 to 2032. The scope of the report can be defined as:
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented into the global homecare pregnancy testing kit market on the basis of type of test, product, end use, and region:
Type of test Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
- Urine Test for HCG
- Home Blood Test Kits for HCG
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
- Digital Devices
- Strips/Dip Sticks & Cards
- Line Indicators
Sales Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
- Drug Store
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2023-2032)
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/119215/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact [email protected] | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us:
URL – http://www.qyresearchmedical.com/