The global obesity treatment market was valued at USD 8,389.2 Million in 2023 and is expected to reach USD 27.08 Billion by year 2032, at a CAGR of 15.7%. Obesity is a complex disorder involving an excessive amount of body fat and thus increasing your risk of diseases and health diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes. Obesity is diagnosed when your body mass index (BMI) is 30 or higher. Obesity is caused by number of factors such as unhealthy diet, inactive lifestyle, consumption of alcohol, lack of sleep. In addition to this, certain medications such as antidepressants, steroids and beta blockers as well as genes, pregnancy can lead to obesity.
Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) remains one of the most effective weight loss procedures resulting in an average excess weight loss at one year of approximately 70%. The global obesity market is propelled by number of factors such as various government initiatives regarding overweight issues, technological advancements in the medical sector, commercial easy availability of weight management treatments. Many companies are engaged in the launch of new devices and medications with minimum side effects. For instance, Novo Nordisk and New York Biotech company Kallyope have collaborated to pursue and discover novel protein and peptide therapeutics for obesity. In addition to this, Scientists have been trying to reprogram white cells such that they behave more like brown fat cells. This concept is known as “beiging” fat cells. If they are successful in doing this, they might be able to produce a therapy that can cause the body to burn fat more quickly.
Request a Sample@ https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/sample/119310
Key Coverage of the Report
- Region and country-wise assessment from the period 2018-2032. For the study, 2018-2017 has been utilized as historical data, 2018 as the base year, and 2019-2032, has been derived as forecasts.
- Regional Competitors pipeline analysis
- Market share analysis of the key industry players
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 6 years of all the mentioned segments, and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments.
Salient Trends of the Obesity treatment Market
- By 2025, the cost of treating obesity related problems is anticipated to reach USD 1.2 trillion globally. Its prevalence is increasing extensively in low- and middle-income countries
- Obesity increases the risk of number of health issues such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, osteoarthritis, respiratory problems, several types of cancer including colorectal cancer
- Appetite suppressants are types of supplements that work by reducing appetite thus decreasing food consumption and helping to lose weight. For instance, Conjugated Linoleic acid (CLA), Bitter Orange(synephrine), Garcinia Cambogia, Glucomannan
- Drug therapy should be carried out in combination with a basic program (diet, exercise, behavioral therapy). The only drug that might be considered is orlistat. Orlistat (Xenical) is one of the medications prescribed by doctors to help lose weight. But the doctors prescribe this medicine only when dietary changes and exercise have not been effective losing weight and further the person’s weight poses a substantial risk to their health
- People should use medication along with a reduced calorie diet. Orlistat does not replace lifestyle changes. It has several side effects such as gastrointestinal symptoms like fatty stool and increased/decreased defecation, headaches.
- From 1997 to 2010, doctors were allowed to prescribe sibutramine however Unites States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) withdrew approval in 2010 because of its several adverse effects
- Bariatric surgery is also a popular option to treat obesity which involves removing or changing a part of a person’s stomach or small intestine so that they do not consume as much food or absorb as many calories as before. The surgery can either make the stomach smaller or it can bypass part of the digestive system. The success of bariatric surgery can be because of its impact on gut hormones. Thus, it helps to lose weight and reduce the risk of high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and other medical problems
- On the other hand, gastric sleeve or gastric band is also one of the ways used by the doctors to make the stomach smaller. After the operation, the patient cannot consume more than about one cup of food in one sitting which substantially reduces food intake
- The Biliopancreatic diversion with Duodenal switch (BPD/DS) is a treatment with two components. At first, a small, tubular stomach pouch is created by removing a portion of stomach, similar to sleeve gastrectomy. Further, a large portion of the small intestine is bypassed
- Further, Gastric bypass procedure enables food to bypass parts of the digestive system, especially the first part of the mid-section of the small intestine and might also reduce the size of stomach. This procedure is usually more effective than restrictive procedures but there is huge risk of vitamin and mineral deficiencies as the body can no longer absorb as many nutrients. A doctor might recommend surgery for a person who has a body mass index of 40 or above, or lower than 40 if they have other issues. Less pain, few scars and a lower risk of getting a hernia or infection, shorter hospital stay are some of the advantages of this procedure. Usually, surgeon do bariatric surgery as a laparoscopic or keyhole procedure
- Within the first two years, many patients may lose 50 percent to 80 percent of their excess weight with the help of gastric bypass.
Companies considered and profiled in this market study
Medtronic, Ethicon (subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson), Cousin Biotech, EnteroMedics, Inc., and USGI Medical, Inc. VIVUS, Inc., Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Novo Nordisk A/S, Allergan Plc
- In 2018, more than 1.9 billion adults (18 years and older) were overweight in the world. Out of these, around 650 million were obese. 39% of adults aged 18 years and above were overweight in 2018 and 13% were obese. By 2025, India is anticipated to have over 17 million obese children
- North America holds the largest market share in the world accounting for 53%. Due to easy availability of minimally invasive options and high investments in innovations and research, it is expected to remain at the top during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is expected to have the highest CAGR (18%) during the forecast period. Increasing awareness about the adverse effects of excess weight, improving healthcare infrastructure and rise in the medical tourism are key factors to drive the growth
- The combination drugs segment for obesity has the highest market share of around 54%. Increase in the number of obese people accompanied by increased efficiency of combination treatment in weight loss are key factors to be a popular option among people
- In surgeries, gastric bypass is the leading segment which holds 50.8% of the total market share whereas the endoscopic procedure like satiety devices is the fastest growing segment in the global obesity treatment market (8.5%)
Segments covered in the report:
This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis of the market trends in each of the sub-segments from 2023 to 2032. For the purpose of this study,have segmented the obesity treatment market on the basis of surgery, drugs, end use, and region:
Obesity Treatment Market Report Scope
Segments covered By Surgery, Drugs, End Use, Regional Outlook
Adjusting gastric Banding
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
Biliopancreatic diversion with Duodenal Switch
By End Use
Middle East & Africa
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/119310/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact [email protected] | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us:
URL – http://www.qyresearchmedical.com/