The ophthalmic photocoagulator market was valued at USD 160.8 Million in 2023 and is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 4.3%, with forecasts for 2032 eclipsing USD 229.5 Million. Photocoagulation is a type of laser surgery used to repair the damaged tissue performed using ophthalmic photocoagulator. The ophthalmic photocoagulator is a medical equipment that is used to treat ophthalmic disorders and to treat cells present in the eye. It is an effective tool for clinical and therapeutic purposes. Ophthalmic photocoagulator consists of a laser host, detachable power cord, a foot switch, remote control, slit lamp adapter, sterile intraocular probe. For photocoagulation, ophthalmologists use argon, dye, krypton, diode, and frequency-doubled lasers to coagulate abnormal vascular tissue in the retina. Photocoagulator cauterizes blood vessels with the heat generated by the laser beam or any intense source of light.
Photocoagulation can seal leaking blood vessel, as in case of diabetic retinopathy, or destroy diseased retinal tissue. General complications of photocoagulation include incorrect infocusing and administration of improper intensity of laser beam which leads to laser burns. The invention of laser and technological advances have revolutionized therapy felicitating more precised, reliable and less painful application of photocoagulator with better outcomes. By virtue of single wavelength selection, laser significantly reduces the amount of damage to adjacent tissues. Its improved effectiveness and non-invasive method in case of its application have made it a standard care of treatment for retinal conditions.
Request a Sample@ https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/sample/119291
The market is driven by growing prevalence of increasing number of eye disease, age related eye disorders and ophthalmic complications associated with diabetes. According to the recent survey, American Optometric Association’s (AOA) 2015 American Eye-Q survey 41% of the parents claim that kids spend at least three or more hour per day using digital services, and 66% of the kids own a smartphone or a tablet. The most notable laser amenable disease is proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR). According to the data, over the last decade, the prevalence of diabetes mellitus (DM) has escalated from 8.3% to 14.9% (1996-2006) and by 2030 it is predicted to rise further. Despite the efforts made for risk factor management, the number of diabetic retinopathy cases is soaring drastically. Moreover, it is anticipated to positively influence the market. It is therefore essential for all medical practitioners to be familiar with laser photocoagulation. The key drivers of ophthalmic photocoagulator market is substantial rise in geriatric population owing to age related macular degeneration and the diabetic retinopathy. The rising prevalence of diabetes across the world, increasing awareness about the advanced treatment in the field of ophthalmology, willingness to avail the treatment, improved medical diagnostic facility in developed nation is expected to provide a lucrative growth. Technological development of the laser provided a tool for more precise and effective delivery of the ophthalmic services.
However, associated infections, patient discomfort while the procedure and stringent government regulations, stringent regulations regarding approvals in different regions, post-surgical side effects associated with the treatment, improper handling of device, limited awareness about highly advanced techniques, inadequate reimbursement, lack of improved diagnosis in developing nations, high cost of maintenance of medical equipment is expected to hamper the market in the upcoming years.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2023, Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness, and is responsible for an estimated 1.6 million deaths in 2023.Thus, this increase in prevalence of various chronic ophthalmic diseases linked with diabetes fuels the demand for ophthalmic photocoagulator market.
- However, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), Diabetes can be treated and its consequences can be avoided or delayed with diet, physical activity, medication and regular screening and treatment for complications right on time
- According to the International Diabetes Federation, approximately 425 million adults globally had diabetes in 2017-18 and it is expected to escalate up to 629 million cases by 2045. Retinal laser photocoagulation, laser trabeculoplasty are proved to be significantly useful in managing the complications by proper screening and treating the complications at the right time.
- According to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, glaucoma affects more than 2.7 million Americans age 40 and older leading to the rise in demand of the ophthalmic procedure and medication. It is expected to boost the ophthalmic photocoagulator market during the forecast period.
- Many market players are focusing on securing FDA approvals for the high tech ophthalmic solution and devices. For instance, Johnson & Johnson Vision has secured FDA approval for a new laser eye surgery indication for its iDesign Refractive Studio system.
- In December 2017, the Pascal laser has received FDA clearance to offer pattern scanning laser trabeculoplasty, which provides minimally traumatic computer-guided laser treatment for reducing IOP in open-angle glaucoma
- According to International Diabetes Federation, Diabetes caused 4 million death all over the world. Moreover, 352 million people are at risk of developing type 2 diabetes in upcoming years owing to the market growth during the forecast period.
The Global Ophthalmic Photocoagulator market study postulates constructive intuition globally which includes the companies who are the key players in Ophthalmic Photocoagulator Market, such as Quantel Medical, Alcon, ALMA, Lumenis, NIDEK, Meridian, Iridex Corporation, Valon Lasers, Ellex Medical Lasers, and Lombart
- Retinal Laser Photocoagulator is expected to rise with a CAGR of 6.3% due to the rising prevalence of age related macular degeneration. However, due to unhealthy lifestyle and poor dietary habits it has started affecting the working population above 50 years of age which further boost the market positively during the forecast period.
- Laser Trabeculoplasty is expected to be the second largest segment by application growing the CAGR of 6.2%. The rising demand for minimal invasive procedure over the traditional method is fuelling the market. The number of diabetic retinopathy cases is soaring drastically, technological development of the laser provided a tool for more precise and effective delivery of the ophthalmic services all across the globe.
- North America is expected to have the largest market share of 34.6%. According to international Diabetes Federation, 1 in 2 people with diabetes remain undiagnosed. Due to the improved medical diagnosis in health care devices and technological advancements, it is now possible to detect the condition and provide the best possible medication. Additionally, more precised and accurate treatment can be provided.
- Considering the clinical condition segment, diabetic retinopathy is expected to have the highest CAGR due to the rising prevalence of target disease such as diabetes and various eye related chronic disorders owing to the increase in market growth during the forecast period.
- Region/country wide statistics with respect to year, regional prevalence
- Estimation of market size
- Types of Products, upcoming analyzed
- Alternatives analyzed
- Types of use analyzed
- Status of ongoing developments
- Analysis of regulatory framework/regulatory bodies
- Demand and supply gap analysis
- Competitor pricing strategy
- Market share analysis
- Strategic recommendations for new entrants/existing members/in key business segments
- Market trends
- Drivers, constraints, opportunities, threats, challenges, Investment opportunities
- Competitive landscaping
- Company profiling with strategies, financials and recent developments
This report predicts revenue growth and CAGR at a global, regional & country level, and analyses the markets by studying the drivers, constraints, opportunities, threats, challenges, Investment opportunities, products, uses, trends, market shares in each of the sub-segments from 2023 to 2032. For the purpose of this study, have segmented the global Ophthalmic Photocoagulator market report based on the application, clinical condition distribution channel, end user and region:
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2023-2032)
- Retinal Laser Photocoagulation
- Laser Trabeculoplasty
Clinical Condition Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2023-2032)
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Age related Macular Degeneration
End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2023-2032)
- Ambulatory services
- Ophthalmology Centres
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2023-2032)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/119291/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact [email protected] | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us:
URL – http://www.qyresearchmedical.com/