The global Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing market was valued at USD 100.46 Billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 175.79 Billion by the year 2030, at a CAGR of 7.00%. Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) is an organization that serves the pharmaceutical industry and provides the clients with comprehensive services from drug development through drug manufacturing. Services offered by CMOs are divided into two main activities: primary manufacturing and secondary manufacturing. Primary production involves the synthesis of the bulk active ingredients (drug substances), while secondary production refers to the formulation of bulk drug substances into the final drug products (pills, topical formulations, injectables). Small-to-medium sized pharmaceutical and biotech companies are set to bring 50% of new drug molecules to market. With escalating R&D costs and the long path to modern medicine, these companies are forced to view outsourcing or contract services as an essential part of their manufacturing strategy.
Ownership and management of production means are shifting from larger pharmaceutical companies to pharmaceutical contract manufacturing and contract development organizations (CMOs and CDMOs). Pharmaceutical companies like GSK, AstraZeneca, and Pfizer are increasingly using contract partners strategically to fill capacity and expertise gaps to produce their branded drugs. Other drug owners are seeking longer-term contract and development partners because such organizations have the development and manufacturing expertise and operational knowledge to accelerate the drug’s speed to market. Having a reliable manufacturing partner helps them better manage the costs and risks of development, quality control, and regulatory compliance more effectively. One of the critical challenges to pharmaceutical contract manufacturing market growth are capacity utilization issues affecting the profitability of CMO’s and increasing lead time and logistics costs.
Request a Sample@ https://qyresearchmedical.com/sample/118977
Key Coverage of the Report
- Region and country-wise assessment from the period 2019-2030. For the study, 2016-2017 has been utilized as historical data, 2019 as the base year, and 2019-2026 has been derived as forecasts for the Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing market
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments.
- Global Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing market with respect to the type of Service, end-user, and region
- Strategical analysis of micro markets and macro markets with respect to individual growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the overall market.
- Demand and Supply GAP Analysis.
- Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing market forecasts for a minimum of 6 years of all the mentioned segments, and the regional markets
- Analysis of the presence of Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing market in the country along with region-wise analysis and their market penetration across the regions; their structure, i.e., chain, independent, pharmacies, and hospitals; and the availability of Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing products.
- Detailed analysis of information regarding the major factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges).
- The regulatory framework of different nations is analyzed in detail.
- Key strategic initiatives of the Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing industry like mergers, acquisitions, product developments, product launches, product agreements, regulatory approvals, collaborations, partnerships, market extensions, service launches and market penetration of the Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing market players and their detailed analysis.
- Analysis of competitive intelligence through strategic developments and market opportunities for stakeholders with complete details of the market leaders.
- A comprehensive mapping of the competitive landscape and market participants’ behavior.
- Complete Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing market forecast & estimation of the global Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing market with respect to five central regions—North America, Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Salient Trends of the Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Market
- Automation across the pharmaceutical industry is driven by the need for process optimization, regulatory compliance, and improvements in the supply chain. The systems used to automate process steps during the manufacture of pharmaceuticals are continuously evolving with new instrumentation and control products coming to market
- Growth in pharmaceutical R&D reflects several trends, including the impact of advancing biologic science and the mainstreaming of biopharmaceuticals to treat an expanding list of diseases and conditions.
- An ongoing trend in biotechnology contract manufacturing is consolidation in the Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing For instance, in August 2017, Thermo Fisher Scientific completed the acquisition of Patheon, creating the world’s most comprehensive and sophisticated end-to-end CDMO partner.
- The sector is consolidating, and it remains hugely fragmented, with the top five companies owning less than 15% of the market share. This creates a complex environment for drug developers making outsourcing decisions.
- By acquiring new facilities, pharmaceutical contract manufacturing add new and complementary capabilities, increase capacity, and expand geographical reach. A recent example is in October 2019, Recipharm’s acquired Sanofi’s inhalation contract manufacturing business and the company focused on strengthening end-to-end drug development and manufacturing services
- Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing key market players use organic and inorganic strategies to expand their footprint in the market. For instance, in August 2019, Catalent merged with Juniper to broaden and strengthen oral dose manufacturing.
- In January 2019, Olon SpA, a provider of active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) contract development and manufacturing services and a generics supplier, has acquired Capua BioServices SpA, a global provider of contract development and manufacturing services in the field of microbial fermentation.
Companies considered and profiled in this market study
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (US), Catalent, Inc. (US), Lonza Group Ltd (Switzerland), Recipharm AB (Sweden), Vetter Pharma International GMBH (Germany), FAMAR Health Care Services (Greece), AbbVie Inc. (US), Aenova Group (Germany), Consort Medical plc (UK), Almac Group (UK), Siegfried Holding AG (Switzerland), Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH (Germany), and Evonik Industries AG (Germany).
- The North American regional segment of the pharmaceutical contract manufacturing market is expected to witness a substantial growth at a CAGR of 7.0 % during the forecast period and holds a key share in the Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing market
- The Big pharma end-use segment is expected to reach USD 60418.8 Million by the year 2026, showing significant growth during the forecast period. Dominance can be attributed to the emergence of new medicines and therapy forms, pricing pressure, pipeline challenges, and growth opportunities in emerging markets.
- In 2019, the Biologics manufacturing services segment was valued at USD 28116.0 Million and is expected to grow at a considerable rate of 7.1 % during the forecast period
- The Small and mid-size pharma end-use segment of Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period.
- The Pharmaceutical manufacturing services segment is expected to register a CAGR of 7.3% during 2019-2026.
- Asia-Pacific regional segment of the Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing market is expected to remain highest growing segment during 2019-2026, at a CAGR of 7.8%; owing to increasing manufacturing sector, favorable government regulations, increasing emphasis on off-patent drugs, and highly skilled workforce in the region
Segments covered in the report
This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis of the market trends in each of the sub-segments from 2016 to 2026. For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing market on the basis of service, end-user, and region:
Service Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2019–2030)
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Services
- Pharmaceutical API Manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical FDF Manufacturing
- Oral Liquid
- Other Formulations
- Biologics Manufacturing Services
- Biologics API Manufacturing
- Biologics FDF Manufacturing
- Drug Development Services
End User Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2019–2030)
- Big Pharma
- Small & Mid-size Pharma
- Generic Pharmaceutical Companies
- Other End Users
Regional Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2019–2030)
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/118977/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us: