The port needles market is projected to grow at a rate of 7.0% in terms of value, from 2023 to reach USD 62.6 Million by 2032. The growth of the market is attributed to the increasing application of implantable ports.
Intravenous (IV) medication finds frequent usage, owing to the control it offers for dosage. This comprises emergencies, including a stroke, heart attack, or poisoning. In such conditions, administering pills or liquids by oral route may cause a delay in getting drugs into the bloodstream. IV administration, on the contrary, rapidly sends a medication directly into the bloodstream. Also, IV administration can be controlled to give medication slowly but continuously over time. Also, certain drugs cannot be administered through the oral route as they would be broken down by the enzymes in the stomach or liver. This would prevent the drugs from functioning correctly when they finally reach the bloodstream, and hence these drugs would be more effective if given directly into the blood by IV administration. The growing demand for IV medication is causative in fueling the market demand.
Request a Sample@ https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/sample/119224
The American Cancer Society proposes that in 2020, over 1.8 million individuals are likely to be diagnosed with cancer, of which various patients would require blood transfusion, occasionally on a daily basis. Moreover, every year around 90,000 to 100,000 individuals in the U.S. are affected by sickle cell disease, and nearly 1,000 babies are born with this condition. The patient who has sickle cell disease may require blood transfusions all over their lives. About 36,000 units of red blood cells are necessary on a daily basis in the U.S., and each year approximately 21 million blood components are transfused in the U.S. The increasing demand for blood transfusion is driving the growth of the market.
The market in North America held the largest market share in 2018. The market dominance is owing to the higher acceptance of advanced technologies, well-established healthcare facilities, and the presence of leading market players in the region.
Key Coverage of the Report
- Region and country wise statistics of port needles from the period 2023-2032. While 2023 & 2032 have been utilized as historical data, 2023 is considered the base year. 2023-2032 have been derived as forecasts.
- Estimation of market size along with historic and forecasted trend analysis
- Various types of products have been analyzed. Statistical analysis has been conducted on obtaining the individual share of these segments.
- The share of individual end-users has been estimated.
- Healthcare Regulatory framework of each region
- Regional up-coming outlook.
- Status of on-going clinical trials and developments
- The regional prevalence of port needles has been mapped.
- Regional Competitors Pricing Strategy
- Demand and Supply GAP Analysis
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments.
Salient Trends of the Port Needles Market
- Deployment of implantable ports in the treatment of pediatric cancer contributed to a substantial share in revenue generation in the pediatric implantable port market across the globe, which in turn is driving the demand for port needles
- The rising occurrences of diabetes and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) are playing a vital role in drive the market demand.
- Lightweight ports for convenience of patients, accessibility to high-quality imaging, and availability of CT markers are likely to stimulate demand for port needles in the upcoming years.
- The use of implantable port devices reduces the risk of infection by lessening the insertion of needle or catheters. The goal of the implantable port devices is to ease the mobility and physical activity of patients during infusion treatment, for instance, in the case of cancer chemotherapy. These factors are likely to propel the demand for port needles in the future.
- In October 2018, B. Braun Melsungen AG, a leading market player, introduced Surecan™ Safety II Port Access Needles, a needle for safe access to implanted intravenous ports. The safety mechanism provides an exclusive visual confirmation when successfully engaged. The non-coring port access needles are appropriate for power injections to 325 psi.
Companies considered and profiled in this market study
Medtronic, Becton, Dickinson, and Company, Smiths Medical, Novo Nordisk, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Hamilton Syringes and Needles, NIPRO Medical, Boston Scientific, Terumo Corporation, and Hi-Tech Medicare Devices, among others.
- The valuation for the port needles market was USD 34.0 Million in 2023, and it is expected to reach USD 62.6 Million by 2032.
- Angled port needles are intended for short to medium-term infusion. These non-coring port needles can be directly connected to perfusion tubing, and the design of the bevel enables easy penetration of the needle into the septum along with eliminating coring and facilitating the closure of the septum when the needle is removed.
- By end-users, hospitals dominated the market in 2023 and is expected to witness a growth rate of 6.7% in the period 2023-2032. The factors including well-resourced operating & diagnostic rooms, higher purchasing power, the existence of highly skilled healthcare professionals, and improved health coverage for hospital-based healthcare services from several private and group insurance plans, among others, are responsible for the high market share of hospitals.
- The market in the Asia Pacific region is projected to witness the fastest CAGR of 8.2% in the forecast period, due to the improving healthcare infrastructure, rising investments in diagnostic imaging, and better reimbursement scenario.
- Europe is estimated to observe a growth rate of 6.6% in the forecast period.
- Possible side effects of port needles may create hindrances in the growth of the market in the upcoming years.
Segments covered in the report:
This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis of the industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2023 to 2032. For the purpose of this study, have segmented the global port needles market on the basis of product type, application, end-users, and region:
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2023-2032)
- Winged Port Needles
- Angled Port Needles
- Straight Port Needles
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2023-2032)
- Blood Transfusions
- Cancer Treatment
- Parental Nutrition
End-Users Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2023-2032)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2023-2032)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://www.qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/119224/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us: