The Protein Stability Analysis market is projected to grow at a rate of 12.6% in terms of value and reach USD 2.83 billion in 2030. The continuous increasing outsourcing in the pharmaceutical sector, advancements in biotechnology, and the rising incorporation of open innovation models in biotech are some of the primary contributing factors fostering the growth of the market.
In this regard, it is mentionable here that the rising investment in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors is supporting the growth of these industries and resulting in increasing demand for protein analysis in these sectors. As an instance, there has been mentionable growth in funds raised in the debt capital markets space that has witnessed a growth rate of 80.0% between 2017 and 2019, which has increased from USD 57 Billion to 103 Billion. Such increasing investment in the sector would support the growing incorporation of protein analysis products in their functioning.
In addition to the above-discussed factors, the increasing investment and expenditure on R&D by the biotechnology & pharmaceutical industry is also acting as a contributing factor for the growth of the market. The growing investment in R&D activities by the biotechnology & pharmaceutical industry can be effectively established by the study published in the Journal of Transactional Medicine, which states that as of 2005, the R&D expenditure by the mentioned industries was 108 Billion which increased to 141 Billion by 2015. The COVID-19 outbreak would also result in an increased emphasis on R&D activities in these industries. Such increased investment would also foster the growth rate witnessed by this industry.
Though various supporting factors are fostering the market growth, adverse factors like ambiguity in the regulatory framework, and costly protein analysis equipment may hinder the growth of the market.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, there is a growing demand for protein analysis for synthetic vaccines, peptidomimetic antagonists, and therapeutic drugs. There has also been an increased demand for protein analysis for evaluating a proposed Achilles’ heel conserved region to reduce the risk of escape mutations and drug resistance. In the analysis of such conditions and gain an insight of bioinformation, KRSFIEDLLFNKV of the S2′ spike glycoprotein proteolytic cleavage site plays an integral role. It can be recognized in avian coronaviruses and common cold coronaviruses. Due to the mentioned factor, it plays a pivotal role in coronaviruses. Its analysis may help in representing SARS-CoV-2 Achilles’ Heel, which has reduced chance of acquiring resistance by mutation as observed in certain early SARS vaccine studies. In various human protein binding studies, compounds like emodin, which prevents SARS entry, apparently by ACE2 binding, also have a pivotal role to play. Thus, in order to gain a detailed understanding of protein functioning, such an analysis of protein would turn out to be pivotal, which would contribute to the growth of this market that would be particularly observed in the first three quarters of 2020.
Request a Sample@ https://qyresearchmedical.com/sample/118882
Product Type Outlook:
The Reagents and Assay Kits segment held the largest market share in 2019, which is expected to maintain its market dominance during the forecast period. The market share held by the Reagents and Assay Kits segment is attributed to the elevated use of these products and cost-effectiveness associated with its use as compared to other types of products. This product is also effective in library screening for recognizing ligands that combine with the protein of interest. Furthermore, advancements in this product like integrating reagents with software that help in conducting effective, fast, and cost-effective throughput screening of protein’s thermal stability also contribute to the market share occupied by this segment.
Protein Stability Analysis Market: Product Type Dynamics (USD Billion)
In context to Technique, the Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) segment held more than 35.0% of the market in 2019. The market share held by the DSC segment is attributed to its wide application in identifying protein’s stability in its innate form by calculating the amount of heat needed for denaturing a specific biomolecule like protein. The reason for the wide applicability of this technique is it’s higher reproducibility and accuracy. For thermal stability analysis, it is considered as the gold standard. In selecting and characterizing the appropriate proteins in biotherapeutic development and ligand interaction studies, it is applicable. As compared to other techniques, some of the other mentionable advantages of Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) are effectivity in determining thermodynamic parameter, simplicity in preparing the sample, applicability in detecting irreversible-reversible phase changes & denaturation temperatures and have the ability of using liquid and solid samples. Thus, the presence of these advantages in this technique contributes to the market share held by this segment.
In context of End-user, the Contract Research Organizations segment is projected to witness a considerable growth rate of 13.1% during the forecast period. The growth rate witnessed by the Contract Research Organizations segment is attributed to the growth of the contract research service ranges that results in increased demand for the protein analysis. Furthermore, the outsourcing of clinical and analytical services by biopharma and pharma companies also results in the expansion of the contract research organizations, contributing to elevating demand for the protein analysis in this segment.
The growing popularity of contract research organizations is also resultant of its advanced instrumentation and technology capacities that turn out to be effective in pharmaceutical researches throughout the stages of drug development. Herein, the COVID-19 pandemic and continuous effort of various pharmaceutical companies on developing medication and outsourcing these initiatives to various contract research organizations would further contribute to the growth rate witnessed by this segment. During the COVID-19 pandemic, various small-sized developing pharmaceutical companies are facing the issue of resource and capital constrain. To resolve such the situation, contract research organizations can be considered as an effective solution.
Protein Stability Analysis Market: End-users Dynamics (USD Billion)
In regards to region, North America can be seen to dominate the market that held more than 35.0% of the market in 2019, which is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. The market share occupied by this region is attributed to technological advancements in North America and the availability of funds from private and public sector organizations, which is supporting the expansion of the market in this region. The continuous emphasis on research activities for the development of new drugs, which is further boosted by the COVID-19 outbreak, also contributes to the segment’s occupied market share. As an instance, FDA has been working with Gilead Sciences Inc., a drug sponsor, to recognize various ways to study the investigational antiviral drug remdesivir and gather important data regarding the efficiency of the drug for providing it to critical patients. Thus, such efforts of developing new drugs amidst the COVID-19 outbreak would also support the expansion of the market in this region.
- The valuation for the Protein Stability Analysis market was USD 1.18 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 2.83 billion in 2028.
- By Product Type, Reagents and Assay Kits segment held the largest market share of more than 30.0% in 2019, which is expected to maintain its market dominance during the forecast period. The market share held by the Reagents and Assay Kits segment is attributed to the elevated use of these products and cost-effectiveness associated with its use as compared to other types of products.
- In context to Technique, the Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) segment held more than 35.0% of the market in 2019. The market share held by the DSC segment is attributed to its wide application because of its higher reproducibility and accuracy. For thermal stability analysis, it is considered as the gold standard resulting in its extensive use.
- By End-user, the Contract Research Organizations segment is projected to witness a considerable growth rate of 13.1% during the forecast period. The growth rate witnessed by the Contract Research Organizations segment is attributed to the growth of the contract research service ranges that results in increased demand for the protein analysis.
- By region, North America held the largest market share of more than 35.0% of the market in 2019, which is forecasted to maintain its market dominance during the forecast period.
Companies considered and profiled in this market study
The companies operating in the market can be segmented based on Product Type, Technique, and End-user. Key participants include Enzo Biochem Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., GE Healthcare, NanoTemper, Malvern Panalytical Ltd., HORIBA, Ltd., Unchained Labs and SETARAM Instrumentation.
The players operating in the market have undertaken a number of strategies related to the market in the period 2017-2020. Some of the key highlights are:
- In October 2016, Beckman Coulter had launched the First 10-colour, CE IVD reagent. The reagent was launched for L&L analysis. With the help of this launch, the company would strengthen its positioning in the clinical flow cytometry. It has 12 antibody reagent combination for lymphoma and leukemia
- In November 2019, Thermo Fisher Scientific announced the Thermo Scientific Aquilos 2 Cryo-FIB. The DualBeam system is particularly developed for the preparation of thin, electron-transparent samples from biological specimens. The DualBeam system helps in simplifying cryo-electron tomography (cryo-ET) workflow by minimizing preparation time, providing a more accurate view of specific points of interest, and minimizing the risk of contamination. The understanding of the structure of cells and the presence of protein in these cells is crucial for the advancement of diseases.
- In September 2017, GE Healthcare launched New Protein A Chromatography Resin. Followed by this launch, the company had announced an investment of USD 70 Million for a year over each of the next five years for its production.
The industry offers numerous growth opportunities. Thus, a number of startups providing innovative products and technologies have been entering the market. Some of them include Protein Tx, Cedilla Therapeutics, Intellegens, CytoReason, among others. Protein Tx, in seed funding, had raised USD 2.1 Million, which the startup is planning to use in supporting buildout of bioprocess development for the company’s platform of genomically recoded bacteria for generating therapeutic proteins.
Mergers and Acquisitions are an essential part of the Protein Stability Analysis industry. Along with the companies operating in the market, other key market players have also been entering the industry.
- In December 2020, PerkinElmer had completed the acquisition of EUROIMMUN Medical Laboratory Diagnostics AG. The acquisition was completed for approximately USD 1.3 Billion. The acquisition helps the company in accelerating earnings and revenue by incorporating leading positions in allergy and autoimmune diagnostics.
- In May 2019, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. had completed the acquisition of Brammer Bio. The acquisition was completed for approximately USD 1.7 Billion. The acquisition helped the company in strengthening the market positioning in vector and viral manufacturing for gene and cell therapies.
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS: DEALS LANDSCAPE
Reports and Data forecasts promising developments for increased adoption of Protein Stability Analysis, which would be particularly observable in the first three quarters of 2020. According to industry experts, the COVID-19 outbreak would act as an opportunity for growth of the market players as pharmaceutical companies and research institutes are continuously working on developing drugs. According to the experts, the growth in these studies would increase the demand for protein synthesis for analysis of proposed achilles’ heel conserved region to reduce the risk of escape mutations and drug resistance and synthetic vaccines.
Segments covered in the report:
This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis of the industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2017 to 2027. The scope of the report can be defined as:
For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the Protein Stability Analysis market on the basis of Technique, Product Type, End-user, and region:
- Differential Scanning Fluorimetry (DSF)
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS)
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Consumables and Accessorie
- Reagents and Assay Kits
- Software & services
End-user Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Contract Research Organizations
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Companies
- Academic Research Institutes
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
TABLE OF CONTENT
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technology
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2020-2030
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Protein Stability Analysis Market Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Protein Stability Analysis Market Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Industrial Outlook
4.2.1. Market indicators analysis
4.2.2. Market drivers analysis
188.8.131.52. The growing incorporation of open, innovative models in biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies
184.108.40.206. COVID-19 pandemic
220.127.116.11. The growing number of researches on disease diagnosis
18.104.22.168. The elevating pharmaceutical outsourcing
4.2.3. Market restraints analysis
22.214.171.124. Ambiguity in the regulatory framework
126.96.36.199. Costly protein analysis equipment
4.3. Technological Insights
4.4. Regulatory Framework
4.5. ETOP Analysis
4.6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.7. Competitive Metric Space Analysis
4.8. Price Trend Analysis
4.9. Customer Mapping
4.10. Covid-19 Impact Analysis
4.11. Global Recession Influence
Chapter 5. Protein Stability Analysis Market By Technique Insights & Trends
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/118882/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact [email protected] | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us:
URL – http://www.qyresearchmedical.com/