The global Radiotherapy Motion Management market was valued at USD 513.1 Million in 2018 and is expected to reach USD 695.6 Million by the year 2030, at a CAGR of 4.1%. When delivering radiation doses to the patients, the tumor’s movement because of the respiratory movements may consequence into different or irregular amount of dose to the target volume and the normal tissues which are surrounding it. This makes it necessary to create a system which can control or manage the movement of the tumor at the time of treatment. These radiotherapy motion management systems are products used for management of tumor movements during the therapy. Earlier the oncologist used to do motion management by holding the breath of the patient however it impact factor was quite less as compared to the latest technology available for controlling the movements. Motion management in radiotherapy methods provides faster and effective treatments for cancer as compared to other methods that contributes to its increasing demand across the world. It is especially found effective for motion management in lung cancer. Intrafraction motion radiotherapy is one of the most effective type of treatment in use.
The conventional methods for restricting the movements are very risky for the treatment of cancer as even a small movement in the body or tumour due to breathing, sneezing, or cough can cause severe complications. This happens due to the change or variations in the dose caused due to the movement in the body. This aroused the need for an advanced technology in radiotherapy in motion management system. The breathing motions, bowl peristalsis can be prevented or controlled using intrafraction radiotherapy motion management. Respiratory grating systems, abdominal compressions systems, spirometric motion management systems are some of the commonly used systems for abdominal tumors.
Request a Sample@ https://qyresearchmedical.com/sample/118995
Radiotherapy Motion Management has enormous potential in clinical applications such as cancer. The rising adoption rates of radiation therapy, rising incidences of cancer across the globe, increasing number of installation of radiotherapy systems, and development of external treatment options for cancer are some of the dynamics giving potential to the radiation therapy market.
The motion management systems are expected to gain traction in the region of North America the most. This is due to factors like rise in the adoption of advanced technology treatments, increase in the research and development spending, increasing use of radiotherapy, and increased rate of cancer incidences.
Radiotherapy Motion Management market is characterized by constant technological advancement, where the key market players are engaged in providing cost effective, efficient, faster, accurate and user friendly experience. The leading as well as emerging companies are engaged in organic as well as inorganic growth strategies that includes agreements, partnerships, collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, expansions and joint ventures.
Key Coverage of the Report
- Region and country-wise assessment from the period 2019-2030. For the study, 2019-2017 has been utilized as historical data, 2018 as the base year, and 2019-2030, has been derived as forecasts
- Regional Competitors product pipeline analysis
- Demand and Supply GAP Analysis
- Market share analysis of the key industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 6 years of all the mentioned segments, and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
Salient Trends of the Radiotherapy Motion Management market
- The evolution of radiotherapy in motion management has been phenomenal. In a recent conference at American Association of Physicists in Medicine, a new technology was launched called Varian’s Truebeam Advanced Imaging Package used for Prostate. It has a movement tracking feature that is being studied by the University of Chicago.
- The same company is also working in the development of artificial intelligence neural networks to spontaneously detect fiduciary markers in tumors. The concept was built to create an AI which can see the tumor and fiducial markers in real time and automatically adjust the radiotherapy system accordingly for any movement. The AI fitted tumor tracing device would image the markers in real time using RT systems’ onboard imaging system as said by Varian Medical Systems engineer Daren Sawsky, Ph.D.
- The progresses of advanced radiation technologies, such as stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT), proton therapy and intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) has resulted in increasingly conformal radiation treatments. This was due to the recent evidences found in regards of the significance of minimizing of the dose to normal critical structures, which includes the heart and lungs. This led to incorporation of treatment modalities into radiation therapy (RT) for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Another technology developed for the motion management during radiotherapy is through X-ray management. In this alternative the management of respiratory tumor movement is obtained by creating a switch/trigger to initiate and stop the image acquisition or treatment delivery, which would be based either directly or indirectly on tumor position. It is broadly defined as a system in which when a tumor enters a particular area, which is controlled by an operator defined input parameters, the gate opens and X-rays are switched on and the X-rays are turned off on the exit of the tumor from that region.
Companies considered and profiled in this market study
Promis Electro-Optics BV, Accuray Incorporated, Elekta AB, Varian Medical Systems, Inc., Brainlab, CIVCO Radiotherapy, Klarity Medical Products, Qfix, Orfit Industries NV, and others.
- The Breath-Hold Systems products segment is expected to reach USD 230.95 Million by the year 2030, showing significant growth during the forecast period.
- In 2018, Radiation therapy center segment was valued at USD 160.6 Million and is expected to grow at a high rate of 4.2%.
- The Tracking segment owes the most trending technology devices for motion management, known as the real time tracking systems, the segment is expected to grow with the highest CAGR of 5.1 % during the forecast period.
- The abdominal compression system type product segment is expected to register a significant growth during 2019-2030. However, gating method product segment of radiotherapy motion management market holds the largest share in the global industry for the same.
- Asia-Pacific regional segment of the Radiotherapy Motion Management market is expected to remain highest growing segment during 2019-2030, and is expected to register a CAGR of 4.5%; owing to increased technological innovations and funding provided by the government and private organizations. Also, increased investment by the biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies is expected to increase the industry demand.
- Gating assistance systems is the most conventional type of product segment where real time positioning system is used for holding the breath of the cancer patient. The equipment comprises of an array of LEDs, camera, a software which tracks and captures the signal to analyze the motion of abdomen or chest. The most popular tracking system is Varian RPM gating system by Varian Medical Systems.
- The North American regional segment held the largest share in this market of 40.4% in the year 2018. Its dominance can be attributed to the increase in investments in R&D activities due to the high prevalence of cancer disease. Also, the development of new technologically advanced devices and the presence of major players in the region further drive the market growth.
Segments covered in the report
This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional & country level, and provides an analysis of the market trends in each of the sub-segments from 2019 to 2030. For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the radiotherapy motion management market on the basis of product, end user, technology, and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2019–2030)
- Spirometric Motion Management
- Intrafraction Radiotherapy Motion Management
Product Type Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2019–2030)
- Slow CT
- Breath Hold CT Systems
- 4 DCT
- Breath-Hold Systems
- Active breathing control
- Patient controlled
- Audiovisual feedback
- Respiratory gating methods
- Abdominal compression system
- Forced shallow breathing
- Compression Plate
- Stereotactic body frame
- External or internal markers
- Real time delivery systems
- Gating assistance systems
End User Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2019–2030)
- Radiation Therapy Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Regional Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2019–2030)
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/118995/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us: