The Global Retractable Needle market was valued at USD 1.97 Billion in 2020 and is projected to attain a value of USD 3.63 Billion by the end of the forecast frame in 2030, registering a CAGR of 7.9%. The Industry is expanding at a rapid pace since the past few years. Retractable needle syringes are gaining popularity amongst health workers due to their safety of use and operation. Retractable needle safety syringes are especially seeing increased demand in areas such as sub-Saharan Africa and Asia-Pacific.
Each year, more than 16 billion injections are administered worldwide. Of these, 95% are curative in nature and 5% are administered in immunization settings. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that more than 50% of injections given in developing countries are unsafe. In general, a safe injection is administered using appropriate equipment without harming the recipient and does not expose the provider to any avoidable risks or result in waste that poses a hazard to the community. Globally, unsafe injections account for 33% of new hepatitis B infections, 42% of new hepatitis C infections, and 2.5% of new HIV infections. In the southern Africa region, these proportions rise to 47%, 45%, and 5% respectively. Studies of unsafe injection practices consistently demonstrate that overall 20% of injections in Africa are unsafe.
WHO estimates that two million needle stick injuries occur each year among health care workers worldwide. Health care workers may experience needle stick injury while administering a vaccine or a curative injection, recapping a needle, disassembling a syringe, or disposing of medical waste. The US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that in the U.S.— depending on the type of device used and the procedure involved—62% to 88% of sharps injuries could potentially be prevented by using safer medical devices. Retractable Needles could provide an alternative to this potent threat which affects most healthcare workers.
To decrease the risk of disease transmission from unsafe injections, WHO guidelines recommend using autodisable (AD) syringes for immunizations and disposing of used syringes and needles in puncture-resistant sharps containers that are then burned or incinerated. In developing countries where reuse is most common, safe sharps disposal policies and practices are often inadequate. Assessments in China, India, and six African countries showed that health workers often mix sharps waste into other waste streams, dispose of waste haphazardly in and around their clinics, and do not maintain regulated systems for safe disposal of sharps waste for all injections. AD syringes are used for more than 50% of immunization injections globally.
Request a Sample@ https://qyresearchmedical.com/sample/119008
AD syringes are promoted by the GAVI Alliance (Vaccine Alliance) partners as the most effective way to reduce the reuse of syringes and, therefore, transmission of blood borne infections such as hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and HIV. However, an important limitation of AD syringes is that they do not protect against needle sticks. In several recent field evaluations, health workers found retractable syringes to be a durable and well-accepted alternative means of providing injections and managing sharps waste. The retractable needle automatically retracts after the injection is administered. The retractable syringe provides immediate isolation of the needle preventing syringe reuse, which is the primary transmission risk of blood borne infection. In addition, because the retractable needle is encased in the syringe after use, the risk of needle stick injury is significantly reduced, and medical waste handling is simplified. Once retracted, the retractable needles are no longer considered sharps waste and can be collected either in a sharps container or with other infectious waste in plastic bags, and then disposed of by autoclaving and shredding, incineration, or through plastics reprocessing.
Key Coverage of the Report
- Region and country-wise assessment of Retractable Needle from the period 2019-2030. For the study, 2016-2017 has been utilized as historical data, 2020 as the base year, and 2019-2030, has been derived as forecasts for the Retractable Needle market.
- Regional Competitors pipeline analysis
- Demand and Supply GAP Analysis
- Market share analysis of the key Retractable Needle industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 6 years of all the mentioned segments, and the regional markets
- Industry Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the Retractable Needle market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
Salient Trends of the Market
- The Retractable Needle industry is seeing exponential demand from Asia-Pacific and Africa. Due to increased healthcare spending in these regions, and health-workers safety considerations, retractable needle-sticks are expected to be hugely popular.
- Active retractable syringes sub-segment is expected to be see the fastest growth and is expected to dominate the Type segment.
- In the Product segment of Retractable Needle industry, automatic needle sticks are expected to see the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Manual needle sticks are expected to see substantial demand from developing countries due to their lower costs.
- The Clinics sub-segment of Retractable Needle sector is expected to see the highest CAGR in the End-Use segment. In the African region, large hospitals are mostly concentrated in big cities, where public health expenditure by the respective governments translates to many hospitals. However, in the rural areas, NGOs and many international agencies like MSF (Médecins Sans Frontières) and (IRCRCM) International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement operate their own clinics and temporary healthcare centres. These Clinics are expected to see huge demand for retractable needle sticks.
- Hospitals are also expected to be a significant demand generator for the Retractable Needle industry.
- Rising number of government policies, especially in the developing world, to protect healthcare-providers safety and promote clean and hygienic conditions is expected to drive Retractable Needle industry growth.
- Increasing incidences of chronic diseases and rising geriatric population who need to be administered medicines via these devices are expected to drive demand for retractable needles.
- Innovation in syringe manufacturing technology is also expected to drive industry growth during the forecast period
- North America is expected to show an average growth of around 7.3% till 2030 and is expected to retain its status as the greatest revenue generating region for the Retractable Needle marketplace.
Companies considered and Profiled
Axel Bio Corporation, Becton, Dickinson and Company, DMC Medical Limited, Globe Medical Tech, Inc., Medtronic Plc, Medigard Limited, Retractable Technologies, Inc., Smiths Medical, Sol-Millennium, UltiMed, Inc. and others.
- Automatic retractable needles are expected to remain at the top in market share in the Product segmentation. Manual retractables are expected to register the highest CAGR of 11.7% during the forecast period.
- Active retractable needle sticks are expected to dominate the Type segment. These devices are better suited for quick use and relative convenience during operation. Their CAGR is expected to be 10.3% during the forecast period.
- Hospitals occupy the largest market share of 50.7% in the End-Use segment in 2020. Clinics are expected to register the fastest CAGR within the same segment.
- North America held a market share in 2020, which was the largest on account of high degree of technological and healthcare research.
- Europe held a market share of 22.7% in 2020 due to increase in technological advancements and healthcare spending. The Asia Pacific and MEA region is expected to show very high growth by 2030.
Segments covered in the Report
This report forecasts industry trends for the Retractable Needle market for the years 2019-2030. 2016-17 are used for historical data analysis while 2020 as the base year. For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the Retractable Needle market by Type, by Services, by Product, by Software and by Region:
Product (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2030)
Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2030)
- Active retraction
- Passive retraction
End Use (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2030)
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Region (Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2030)
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
Buy quantitative research Report at discounted price – USD 1500 https://qyresearchmedical.com/report/checkout/119008/1500
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com | +1 9197 992 333
QYResearch Medical has more than 4000 global well-known customers, covering more than 30 industries including pharmaceuticals, medical technology & devices, healthcare services etc. Company services cover one-stop solution as Data-Analysis-Suggestion-Consulting Implementation. Research regions cover North America, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Asia- Pacific.
For Latest Update Follow Us: